Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
A100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: NHRA unleashed or is it unlashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyracer View Post
Although throttle stops weren't allowed, people were using timers for nitrous, which is like a throttle stop in reverse. Just progam in the right number of thousanths for your shot until you run the number.

I ran no throttle stop, delay box out of car, rpm switch for shifter disabled. I launched .400 pro tree, had two .001 lights, and shifted by hand at a pre-tested spot on the track. Run slower - shift earlier. Run quicker - shift later.

But it throttle stops aren't allowed, nitrous timers shouldn't be either. They accomplish the same thing - ultra-tuneable computer--controlled e.t.'s.
I agree with you Indyracer. The series I run in bans timers of any type. They do alow RPM shifters. Being able to use nitrous timers completely makes the rule against throttle-stops a joke.
A100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #22
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

I would really enjoy seeing more heads up class in NHRA divisional and National races without incorporating them into Competion Eliminator, they should stand alone. Look at the Olympics, they introduce new sport every four years to see if they will have a following and remove sports that people have no interest, we could do the same with Alcohol F/C and A/D removing them to give room to an emerging new categories.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #23
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A 1973 Duster, F/SA won the 12.00 index race.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #24
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: NHRA unleashed or is it unlashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
i would really enjoy seeing more heads up class in nhra divisional and national races without incorporating them into competion eliminator, they should stand alone. Look at the olympics, they introduce new sport every four years to see if they will have a following and remove sports that people have no interest, we could do the same with alcohol f/c and a/d removing them to give room to an emerging new categories.
now your talking !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #25
Don Turk

Liked 45 Times in 10 Posts
Talking Re: NHRA unleashed or is it unlashed

The F Stocker that won the 12.00 class was Jerry Stamps. He and I raced in the quarter finals. On 5 tenths pro tree. He had a .035 I was .039 He goes 12.030 I go 12.027. MOV .0015. I got to tell you that was one of the funest races Ive had in a long time we were door handle to door handle for the full quarter with the loud pedals mashed. Glad to see Jerry win the wally and the race. Good Job Jerry !!!!

Not bad for a couple of stockers foot braking it

Don
Don Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #26
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Congratulation to both of you and thank you representing Stockers. I just read about Don Bowles winning Hot Street(name is even hot) at Allstars National. Well if you don't know who Don Bowles is, just Google him, one of the most impressive resumé a racer could have. The only drag racer that many Presidents have called on his expertise on long term renewable energy solutions, and one fine drag racer. I remember one year at Indy Don Bowles used his helicopter to dry the track. He loves NMRA and all the young blood that is around him, he compares it to the beggining of Modified Production.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9890.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	4318  
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #27
A100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Congratulation to both of you and thank you representing Stockers. I just read about Don Bowles winning Hot Street(name is even hot) at Allstars National. Well if you don't know who Don Bowles is, just Google him, one of the most impressive resumé a racer could have. The only drag racer that many Presidents have called on his expertise on long term renewable energy solutions, and one fine drag racer. I remember one year at Indy Don Bowles used his helicopter to dry the track. He loves NMRA and all the young blood that is around him, he compares it to the beggining of Modified Production.
Didn't Don after NHRA did away with Modified tell them what they could do with the decision and never went back?
A100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #28
SSGN

Liked 133 Times in 48 Posts
Cool Re: NHRA unleashed or is it unlashed

This class looks interesting,many possibilities.I just hope they keep the electronics out.I am going to keep an eye on it for the future races.Thanks for posting.

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote