HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #61
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
no one is being ridiculed for having a different opinion. I have said before that i am not opposed to it, really don't care one way or the other. However i have said time and again that stock/ss is not the place to test a new system, bracket racing would be best for that, start from the ground up. NO ONE built a car and decided to go racing without knowing how the system worked, if it bothers you that much, quit. This issue is not even in the top 10 of things that concern 95% of class racers with what is going on at NHRA right now.

People are being ridiculed because they are a one trick pony, and are beating to death a subject which is not going to change any time soon. This keeps getting brought up, and the same crap happens. It reminds me of Ralph Nader constantly running for president. Everyone knows he doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell, but you will see small groups of his supporters, and they look like idiots.
No body is saying that the program is going to change, but why was X-talk introduced? It was a way that both drivers could see the same light come on in Box bracket racing, in escence they are both leaving off the same light. Since we aren't using Boxes in S/SS, the rational would be to make it fair for both racers to have to at least make an attemp at the tree without the other one's knowlege of what happened in the other lane.
We are not idiots and not going to quit, just seeing the forest though the trees.
Just because you think that Ralf Nader and his supporters are jerks, they are keeping the checks and balances of politics alive so that you can say your opionions.

Casey Miles
248H Stock?
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #62
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Miles View Post
No body is saying that the program is going to change, but why was X-talk introduced? It was a way that both drivers could see the same light come on in Box bracket racing, in escence they are both leaving off the same light. Since we aren't using Boxes in S/SS, the rational would be to make it fair for both racers to have to at least make an attemp at the tree without the other one's knowlege of what happened in the other lane.
We are not idiots and not going to quit, just seeing the forest though the trees.
Just because you think that Ralf Nader and his supporters are jerks, they are keeping the checks and balances of politics alive so that you can say your opionions.

Casey Miles
248H Stock?
Casey, ralph nader and his crew are totally irrelevant in today's politics
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #63
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

"if it bothers you that much, quit."

That's the mindset that is responsible for it being still a rule, 47 years later.

Don't you think fixing what is wrong with it, is preferrable to to changing hobbies?

All this rhetoric and nobody has YET given me a reason why it shouldn't be changed.

And, they won't... It's indefensible.

Doesn't that jiggle your brain just a little, that NO ONE can come up with a justification for giving free rides to some cars, when they did NOTHING to earn them?

Everyone needs to have the SAME CHANCE to red light.

Can you tell me why they should not?

Last edited by bill dedman; 04-27-2011 at 03:01 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #64
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Angry Re: worst red light debate, again!

Claude,if you bring up this subject again I will personally flatten the whole territory of Canada till it resembles the Bonneville salt flats.You woke up the Godzilla of Irrelevence
again.Thank you very much.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #65
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Awe crap, do the pros bitch about this ? Why go on and on "Its Futile"
Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #66
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,490 Times in 1,706 Posts

Oh no ,keep this going . ...Great entertainment. It's about as much as I can afford right now.

I love watching these verbal traps being set.

Such as:

"Instead, people post, "Oh, not again!!!" messages to try to negate the real reasons why It needs to be changed, and personal insults and ridicule from people who, when they can't come up with sensible comments advocating leaving it alone, try to direct attention away from the factual issues at hand, and rely on "killing the messenger"...
They can't defend it, because, it's so unnecessarily unfair to the first car to leave, it's indefensible.

Responded with :>>>>>

"Bill
I really think you need a different hobby, something a bit more soothing......................maybe meditation or yoga

Or maybe JUST BUILD A FASTER CAR!!!! "
Old 04-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #67
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,079 Times in 282 Posts

Bill, it isn't that no one can show you a reason, it's that no one can show you a reason you can agree with, or live with. There is a distinct difference.

What it is that makes you think you are the final authority on this subject, no one knows.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #68
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

it will never happen, but as bill has most eloquently explained it is UNFAIR.
before all the other fast car enhancements it was more fair, but not even !

captain jack
Old 04-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #69
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post

Bill, it isn't that no one can show you a reason, it's that no one can show you a reason you can agree with, or live with. There is a distinct difference.

What it is that makes you think you are the final authority on this subject, no one knows.
There ya go.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #70
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

A long time ago, the powers-that-be were sitting around and trying to plan a path for drag racing involving the Sportsman racers and the time delay start. The starting system was in discussion, about the same time they were discussing "how can we continuously promote the sport, feed our advertisers, and keep the fans interested". They realized advertisers made money on speed equipment and there would be no money spent on speed equipment if everybody drove a car that never evolved into a continuously faster car. And if the speed equipment industry faltered, the advertising revenue would dry up and there goes a significant amount of income earned.
And if the status quo on race cars was "slow is good enough", then the fans would be bored to death, never to return.
So NHRA ingeniously merged all these concepts into one. Slower cars could still race but there was a carrot to going faster and faster as his budget grew. The racer figured out he might have an advantage by leaving second with a faster car than the other guy. He found that not only was leaving second an advantage but his faster car reacted on the starting line differently. Word spread and others wanted faster cars. Speed equipment flourished, advertising budgets increased and fans had something to marvel at. Everybody was happy except the slow guy. Too bad.

Now maybe this isn't really what happened or why we have the red light rule, but it may offer some reasonable ideas to Bill and others as to why it is the way it is.

Drag racing on any level is entered into based on a rule book. When I read and understand a rule book, I build a car to win. If my perception is that the first to leave is better, I might build a slower car than if my perception were reversed. Everybody has that option when they enter racing.