Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #31
KThomas

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Yellowstone Dragstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip marvetz View Post
Never would be to soon.
Really ? W.T.F. For 33 years, every time i want to go racing, they have had a track open and ready to race on..? Whats wrong with that? If they never come back to Billings what would become of that track? Hmmmm?
KThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #32
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Re: Yellowstone Dragstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KThomas View Post
Really ? W.T.F. For 33 years, every time i want to go racing, they have had a track open and ready to race on..? Whats wrong with that? If they never come back to Billings what would become of that track? Hmmmm?
Kelly,
If NHRA can get a Division director that has a clue about doing his job I may support them again, Until then I feel that IHRA has our best interest in mind. Maybe you can make the haul up to Ashcroft this year and see how it works, Your Duster was a IHRA car when you bought it wasn't it?
IHRA.....It's Mark F$@%&^#g Faul approved!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #33
KThomas

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Kelly,
If NHRA can get a Division director that has a clue about doing his job I may support them again, Until then I feel that IHRA has our best interest in mind. Maybe you can make the haul up to Ashcroft this year and see how it works, Your Duster was a IHRA car when you bought it wasn't it?
IHRA.....It's Mark F$@%&^#g Faul approved!
The Director job is open, Step up... I am o/k with the association im with..Ill pass, So? and ????????????? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Are you going to bash the nhra and still race at the tracks they operate? Hmmmmm
KThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #34
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Re: Yellowstone Dragstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KThomas View Post
The Director job is open, Step up... I am o/k with the association im with..Ill pass, So? and ????????????? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Are you going to bash the nhra and still race at the tracks they operate? Hmmmmm
Sure, What's the salary? Maybe my wife could do it in her spare time? Couldn't do any worse than JA.
I'm not paying NHRA dues until I see them doing something positive for us. MRP is my home track and will be no matter who sanctions them. See ya at the divisional, I'll be the guy running PRO with his stocker and 40 year old lap belts.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #35
Stock 608

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Jonathan did a good job, but i guess not everyone is always happy. Sure nhra does stuff to piss me off, but am i going to quit? No because i love what i do and alway will. Ill be running stock with my stocker, with brand new 5 point harness!
Stock 608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #36
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love or Hate either of the HRA's but the tracks still need support otherwise they wont be around. I do like IHRA but being from Alberta I am familiar with them, I dont dislike NHRA but competing sanctions can make things better for the customers (aka the racers....us). Those that chose one sanction or the other are cutting the oportunities to race in half, and that is their choice....as far as DD I think Jonathan did a good job, He cut me a big amount of slack in one instance when he really didnt need to. As for Yellowstone, doesnt matter whose decal is on your car that is still a great facility .......wonder when a schedule will be posted?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #37
corky

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I wish them well But like tvd in sd with out IHRA support it is a long way to the south east USA for HELP! Corky
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #38
sliver043

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock 608 View Post
I think Jonathan did a good job, but i guess not everyone is always happy. Sure nhra does stuff to piss me off, but am i going to quit? No because i love what i do and alway will. Ill be running stock with my stocker, with brand new 5 point harness!
Ditto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sliver043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:03 AM   #39
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Sure, What's the salary? Maybe my wife could do it in her spare time? Couldn't do any worse than JA.
I'm not paying NHRA dues until I see them doing something positive for us. MRP is my home track and will be no matter who sanctions them. See ya at the divisional, I'll be the guy running PRO with his stocker and 40 year old lap belts.
Phil, I haven't seen you at any NHRA divisional races over the last 5 years other than Mission so I don't understand what you have to base all your bitching on. DD is a thankless job, I think most of us that run the division 6 circuit appreciated Jonathon's efforts, even if we didn't always agree with him. Maybe you should make Ashcroft (IHRA) your home track.

Jim Mantle 6632 U/V/SA
jmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:39 AM   #40
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

you guys kill me, bitching about NHRA....
at least MOST of you have a choice (and air )....
you're either gonna run NHRA out here OR you are gonna travel...(i think yellostone is about 600 miles from here..)
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote