HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,298 Times in 612 Posts
Default Subway - Doesn't measure up???

Have we really gotten to the point in our lives that we have to measure the size of our lunch???????? Somebody has TOO MUCH time on their hands to worry about such trivia. Evidently Subway is going to make sure the footlong subs measure a full 12 inches. Does it really matter if they are a full 12 inches or is it the quality of the sandwich that matters most?? For $5 you can get a good sandwich with the extras that you want on it. They may, or may not, be a great sandwich, but are still a reasonable alternative to always having a burger. I wonder how many other things don't measure to someone's standards?? As an example, when was the last time you got an actual 2X4 at the lumber yard. Oh wait do they even exist anymore? Most of the time we buy our lumber at Lowe's or Home Depot. This should get some interesting responses, I hope.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Subway - Doesn't measure up???

I won't even go there about men and our perception of size....

But what really bugs me, is VAST difference between the pictures at fast food restaurants, and on TV, and what they smash up and wrap in a thin peice of paper and toss onthe tray in front of you.

Taco Bell is one of the worst. Their pictures clearly show a taco filled more than half up with meat. But the one I get, is less than 1/4 filled. And that nachos XL thing is a bit of a mess, and not at all like the pictures.

Where are all of the greedy class action lawyers when you need one?

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 694 Times in 270 Posts
Default Re: Subway - Doesn't measure up???

I had a buddy order a steak at a well known national est. and pointed to the picture and said "I want one like that" when it came and was way inside the plate instead of lapping over the outside & about half as thick, he threw a fit. He ended up getting one like "That"...