HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #71
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Cheating [2-step And Buttons]

I know I probably need more seat time. I'd like to make, oh... about 9 passes at MIR this weekend.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #72
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beard...I was hoping chad was going to show up but I think he is staying at motormile to torment me,,,and I tryed to tell him, the way I have been drivin,,,he is safe to mis a race

are racing stock??? SSS??? or both???
tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #73
Ryan Horensky

Liked 109 Times in 18 Posts

Michael, I wasn't referring to you! Your stats speak for themselves and everybody knows what a killer footbrake racer you are. The point is that people get on here and want this changed and that changed, etc. How are rule changes fair to others racers. If NHRA sent a Q & A out to every stock eliminator racer that currently races, and then made a decision, I would be fine with whatever decision was made. I would have to be. Two-steps are not a new thing. So if someone doesn't want to use one...don't. I don't see why this is an issue all of a sudden. And anyway, MiCHAEL....You race IHRA. This rule would have no affect on your racing whatsoever. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. So I am stating my opinion. I wasn't referring to footbrakers either in my previous post. I footbrake and it is my choice to do so. Everyone should have that choice to pick and choose how they want to race and what they want to use.

Ryan Horensky
1273 C/SA
Ryan Horensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #74
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 104 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

I`ll answer Ed`s question,then I`m done with this thread. I have spent money on my car the last several years. A few years ago,I went through a tranny problem that occured after I had someone freshen it,I basically sat out the entire year in Stock,and I had an NHRA Gold Card from winning the Summit Super Pro Nat`l Championship the season before. After that season,I`ve worked on getting the chassis upgraded,new springs,shocks etc.,just to get it up to date,and it did help the car`s consistancy. Finally,after 7 seasons on a motor I built,I decided to purchase a motor this spring,and unfortunately,it was good for about 60 passes before it spun a rod bearing. I think I`ve spent close to $4000 in the last few years,and now have a car that won`t run. I know some people think my combo is a good combo to go fast,but I can only afford what I can do myself,and from what I know. There have been a couple of other Stock racers that have offered help,and I do appreciate it greatly,but before I start over this winter,I`ll have to see what happens with the new rules proposals,and go from there. Lane

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #75
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Lane,
You don't owe explainations to ANYBODY, much less O'brien!

Ryan, I agree with you except one thing. Racers went over the edge with adjustable buttons. Anybody but a half-witt know's that a long-throw or similar device creates an advantage. Advantages are one thing, defying the rule book is another. The rule book under general regulations is pretty clear on the subject so I have a real hard time understanding why racer's aren't just thrown out during tech. I think NHRA is saying "we gave you an inch, you took a mile" and "now it's time to reel it back in".
Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #76
stk1424

No 2 Steps...no Buttons.. Fine...but At Least Let Us Have The Option Of Knocking The Top Bulb Out.any Car That Needs Wheelie Bars Should Not Have A Problem On The Bottom Bulb Hitting The Tree.but What About The Other Half Of The Field.whats The Big Deal ? I Email Bob Lang Div 1 & Asked If Nhra Would Ever Consider Changing The Ruling,he Said Probably Not Due Too To Much Game Playing With Deep Staggers.so I Show My Hand By Writing Deep In The Window ,i Finish My Burn Out And Guess What? My Opponnet Has 2 Bulbs Turned On Waiting For Me.so We All Know The Auto Start Kicks In When The Third Bulb Is Lite Need Less To Say You Know Where Im Going With This........so Who's Playing Games Nhra?? Other Then A Handful Of Talented Drivers
Tibor,jody,etc. How Many 12.00 And Slower Cars Are Really Making Any Noise?? Fast Cars Hit The Tree Better...period Give The Driver The Option On Where To Stage There Car.

Joe Mocci
M/sa
Old 09-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #77
RIBEIRO RACING

Ryan,

You say that two steps have been around for 17 years, I don't know if its been that long? I do know, they didn't ask us about it then either.... It's their playground and their rules... Dave...1033/stock
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #78
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

TG writes >> are racing stock??? SSS??? or both???

Just Stock. I ran my SSS number at Pageland Dragway, and missed the title by one round. Won the next-to-last points race to pull within one round, then got busted 1st round round at the last points race... bought back and won the race. "Oops!" I won the Footbrake championship at Rockingham, so I'll still have the 'regular' Race of Champions at the Div. 9 Bracket Finals.

Ryan writes >> You race IHRA. This rule would have no affect on your racing whatsoever.

It does, since IHRA typically follows NHRA's lead on things. (except the AHFS!) LOL Although, since I footbrake, too, it doesn't affect *my* driving style either way.

Oh, BTW, we're up to THREE footbrakers that have won championships in delay box classes this year now - Billy Kirpins, Jr. at Lebanon Valley, Chris Plott at Mooresville, and Tim Davis at Fayetteville. I suppose one could argue that they have proven that delay boxes are not an advantage, and thus should be permitted in all classes.

Dave writes >> two steps have been around for 17 years, I don't know if its been that long? I do know, they didn't ask us about it then either....

Hm! Didn't know that.

Quite honestly, I don't care *that* much either way. It's simple preference, and I enjoy the intellectual discussion. I *am* surprised that Stock is such an anomoly. It's the only class in the country that permits a two-step, and two-step only. Everything else is either pure Footbrake, No-Box (ala Super Stock), or Box. I'm surprised that two-step proponents don't just ask for a transbrake to go with it.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #79
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyone should have that choice to pick and choose how they want to race and what they want to use.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________-

I wish that were so,,,,I could get Nhra to let me run a toilet on a stocker,,,,with my delay box a matty controler,,,,LOL

no sense arguing over this,,,Ive deleted most of my post and this will be the last on this topic,,,,,ONLY reason they are still legal is because some U/SA stocker isnt wearing the field out using one,,,,,Most 2 car teams want to keep them cause its an easy transition from stock to SS or from the .90`s classes ,,,,
alot of racers just dont understand what its doing......the results dont lie,,,,,RT`s in the last 2 years have gotten tremendously better,,,,but only in the faster cars,,,,,slower cars have stayed about the same,,,,,,its not a fluke,,,its because of the 2 steps/buttons,,,,,,just for the record,,, There is a way that slow cars can utilize that advantages of flash racing off the 2step/button,,,its not popular with the couple slow car drivers that I know,,,but it can be done,,,,I guess it all boils down the the racer and his prioritys,,,,,,,,,Ive talk to quite a few and the surprisingly enough,,,,,,most arent that interested in winning,,,,they just want to go fast against the index,,,,I cant conceive this idea, but to each his own, I guess,,,,,,Ive jsut always been in a position,,,if I dont win,,,I cant race,,,,,,,,,,just never went to the races as a "vacation" like a large majority of stock racers do,,,Maybe I take racing too serious,,,,But I found out a long time ago,,,,you treat it like a job,,,,you will end up with a payday
tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #80
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgriffith View Post
Everyone should have that choice to pick and choose how they want to race and what they want to use.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________-

I wish that were so,,,,I could get Nhra to let me run a toilet on a stocker,,,,with my delay box a matty controler,,,,LOL

no sense arguing over this,,,Ive deleted most of my post and this will be the last on this topic,,,,,ONLY reason they are still legal is because some U/SA stocker isnt wearing the field out using one,,,,,Most 2 car teams want to keep them cause its an easy transition from stock to SS or from the .90`s classes ,,,,
alot of racers just dont understand what its doing......the results dont lie,,,,,RT`s in the last 2 years have gotten tremendously better,,,,but only in the faster cars,,,,,slower cars have stayed about the same,,,,,,its not a fluke,,,its because of the 2 steps/buttons,,,,,,just for the record,,, There is a way that slow cars can utilize that advantages of flash racing off the 2step/button,,,its not popular with the couple slow car drivers that I know,,,but it can be done,,,,I guess it all boils down the the racer and his prioritys,,,,,,,,,Ive talk to quite a few and the surprisingly enough,,,,,,most arent that interested in winning,,,,they just want to go fast against the index,,,,I cant conceive this idea, but to each his own, I guess,,,,,,Ive jsut always been in a position,,,if I dont win,,,I cant race,,,,,,,,,,just never went to the races as a "vacation" like a large majority of stock racers do,,,Maybe I take racing too serious,,,,But I found out a long time ago,,,,you treat it like a job,,,,you will end up with a payday

Seems like a prety good summary on the subject!