HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-03-2015, 09:39 PM   #11
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 282 Times in 152 Posts
Default Re: R.I.P. Brian Olson

attn bret keppner--- probably the best most sincere homily I have ever read----HE WILL BE MISSED no doubt about it---RIP my friend Dick & Sue Ullrich --Comp Eliminator
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts

I know like countless others in the drag racing community, Brian touched my life and my families life and will be greatly missed. 20 yrs ago this fall, our family met an amazing person. 20yrs ago, my bother sold Brian a white Chevy II that Sean had bought when he was 16 and was delivered to him on my dads birthday. My father couldn't be happier. Four years after he had bought it, now sold it to Brian, on a stormy and snowy late fall trek to Peru, IN, Sean called Brian and told him that my father and him would not make the trip in one shot and would have to hold up in a motel just outside Ft. Wayne. Brian, full of excitement and anticipation, drove in the middle of the night, through the blizzard, without Sean or my dad knowing, to go see the car. The next day Sean delivered it and an instant friendship was created. Over the years we kept in touch with Brian and Drew. We visited and spectated at the US Nationals on several occasions, meeting up and giving our support. Ten years after the sale of the car, Brian sold it back to Sean and the friendship grew ever stronger. The Olson family helped us enter and qualify for our first US Nationals in 2007, where my father was able to see his son race at the big go, win a class round and make the car go faster than it ever had gone before heads up round 1 against Todd Frantz. We lost my father that fall and when Sean called Brian with the news, he was driving, and immediately needed to pull over. After collecting himself, giving his sincere condolences and providing heartfelt support to us during such a trying time, Brian realized that he had pulled over and into the very motel parking lot outside of Ft. Wayne that he had driven to some dozen years earlier to see the car. Brian took the car back that winter, rotisseried the entire car back to its original all black L-79 look that you see today. Over the years Brian and his family have been nothing but supportive on and off the track. In 2013 we were able to put the Chevy II back in the Class Winners Circle at the US Nationals and give Brian the best gift of all. Brian has been a huge source of inspiration to Sean and I in and out of the drag racing scene. I know this story is one of thousands like it and that Brian has been in every bodies hearts and prayers this week. My sincere condolences to Drew and his family. Brian RIP
Old 08-05-2015, 09:39 AM   #13
tim worner

Liked 126 Times in 20 Posts

Sad news indeed. Brian was a friend to all and will be missed. R.I.P. my friend