HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #11
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 966 Times in 268 Posts
Default Re: Race car Insurance

The whole thing seems ridiculous to me. So if I bought a brand new Mustang, bone stock, and drove it to the track, and made a few passes, its considered a "RACE CAR"? Over the past 40+ years, I have taken dozens of my street cars down the track, driving them there and back, If I had an incident on the track, I wouldn`t be making a claim anyhow, but if a collision occured on the way there or back home, I see absolutely no reason why I would not have coverage. Hundreds, if not thousands of street driven cars are raced down the 1/4 mile every summer weekend, whether in Sportsman bracket, Street Legals, or grudge races.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #12
Bpozzi

Liked 98 Times in 19 Posts

Hey, contact Rick Riehl @ Hartland a insurance Group, 248-375-4225 / rriehl@hartlandinsurancegroup.com. They have 2 drag race programs - 1 program covers the car in transit / around the pits and all the way up to the water box and picks back up as soon as you turn on return road. The second program covers you from burn out box to down track to as soon as you turn onto return road. They write their policy on agreed value so you tell them how much coverage you want on the physical damage and it's incredibly cheap!!!
Bpozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:05 AM   #13
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 237 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpozzi View Post
Hey, contact Rick Riehl @ Hartland a insurance Group, 248-375-4225 / rriehl@hartlandinsurancegroup.com. They have 2 drag race programs - 1 program covers the car in transit / around the pits and all the way up to the water box and picks back up as soon as you turn on return road. The second program covers you from burn out box to down track to as soon as you turn onto return road. They write their policy on agreed value so you tell them how much coverage you want on the physical damage and it's incredibly cheap!!!
Mr. Fahey has a street driven car that he races on weekends. His insurance need is for street driving. A number of companies offer these STP programs for drag cars that you refer to, but even they won't cover street driven racers.

Dale