HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2022, 04:19 PM   #1
OLD GUY

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default Hit and Run Pit Accident at Vegas Divisional

Darin Grossi got drilled while riding his scooter on pit road Saturday by some young kid going way to fast with a golf cart. Darin suffered a broken ankle and various scrapes and bruises. The scooter, a keepsake from his dad, was badly damaged. What happened to the kid? He took off. Unfortunately, nobody followed him. If you hit and run on the highway you go to jail. I hesitated to post this because I wanted to give the kids parents a chance to step up and that hasn't happened. Anybody who saw this happen, has photos, or has information is encouraged to come forward. To the kids parents, your golf cart probably has front end damage and maybe the kid never told you about it or lied about what happened and that is why you haven't stepped up.
OLD GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:38 PM   #2
baccaruda

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hit and Run Pit Accident at Vegas Divisional

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GUY View Post
Darin Grossi got drilled while riding his scooter on pit road Saturday by some young kid going way to fast with a golf cart. Darin suffered a broken ankle and various scrapes and bruises. The scooter, a keepsake from his dad, was badly damaged. What happened to the kid? He took off. Unfortunately, nobody followed him. If you hit and run on the highway you go to jail. I hesitated to post this because I wanted to give the kids parents a chance to step up and that hasn't happened. Anybody who saw this happen, has photos, or has information is encouraged to come forward. To the kids parents, your golf cart probably has front end damage and maybe the kid never told you about it or lied about what happened and that is why you haven't stepped up.
i hope the coward steps up.....
baccaruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:29 AM   #3
Ok stocker

Liked 101 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GUY View Post
Might try posting this in other places. The 90 racers or other classes may not read this but it needs to be taken care of.
Ok stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,774 Times in 868 Posts

MJ did put this in the .90 section but has nobody stepped up? The young culprit would gain so much respect by standing up to take responsibility. If his parents are aware and did nothing then maybe the apple simply didn’t fall far from the tree. This is a family though and one of us needs to step up.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-01-2022, 04:36 PM   #5
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,726 Times in 1,309 Posts

C mon racers, somebody knows or saw SOMETHING. The Grossi family deserves ANSWERS ……What if this pit accident happened to YOU or your SON ?????
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:29 PM   #6
John Winslow Jr

Liked 274 Times in 62 Posts

Damn this sucks, Darin hope your doing ok, John
John Winslow Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:16 AM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,040 Times in 319 Posts

I know it might be a shot in the dark or where the accident did occur but, does Vegas have cameras around the facility? Maybe you get lucky if you can pinpoint the time & location of the accident and maybe see the person driving the golfcart away from the accident. I know tracks around the D1 area are starting to really enforce the pit stickers again and making announcements that nobody without a driver's license should be driving one. I almost got taken out at Atco a few weeks back from someone deciding they were going to cut through pit spots, never stopped and yelled at me when I almost hit him.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:37 AM   #8
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 282 Times in 152 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Hit and Run Pit Accident at Vegas Divisional

I personally think the "pit vehicle" situation is starting to become on the verge of "out of control"---the place looks like I don't know how to describe it accurately made a cluster f--k might do it--- Way too many vehicles going in every direction all at the same time with no apparent regard for others--- perhaps they need to institute a "speed limit" of some sort like a no wake area for boats ---nothing more than an idle to curb the reckless driving--- and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE UNDER (pick an age) is allowed to operate a motorized anything EVER--- you get caught and whoever owns the vehicle-(usually a mom or dad racer) PLUS the operator is banned from any race til the same time next year---This is sort of like the cell phone phenomenon I never realized how many important people there were until cell phones became so popular--- everyone just "has "to have a golf cart, 3 wheeler ,quad what ever--if the situation does not improve you watch they are going to end up taking them away from every one ---my 2 cents---FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:07 PM   #9
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts

It’s my understanding that the kid did stick around after it happened. This coming from a friend who was in his pit right where this took place.

Not sure if he was underage, but the amount of underage kids that I’ve seen driving golf carts at the races is getting a bit crazy.
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:01 PM   #10
Jim Caughlin

Liked 694 Times in 209 Posts

What happened to the rule that pit vehicles have to have the racer's car number on them? In addition, the rule that kid's under 16 could not drive motorized pit vehicles in the pits is totally unenforced.
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote