HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-11-2022, 11:32 AM   #51
SDT1DYI

Liked 396 Times in 126 Posts
Default Re: What happened to Divisional schedule release?

I believe how the Divisonals work with the tracks is, NHRA pays the track a fee for the event. The fee is negotiable. Based on what support the track provides the NHRA crew that runs the event.
NHRA as well asks for % of the Gate and concessions, beer etc sold at the track during the event. Having other headliners at a Divisonal event is a decision that NHRA has control of, they are runing the Show. For example, if nostalgia funny cars were to run at a Divisonal , they would have to pay NHRA . Not going to happen. They want to be paid to show up.
Some percentage of what the track earns in based on racer attendence, with the Lions share going to NHRA. Larger share of concessions go to the track. Racers with living quarters haulers, the track concessions have been reduced, creating less track income .
Tracks that get good spectator turn out do well, tracks that see only racers don't.
Tracks that get very few spectors don't have the funds to promote the Divisonal races to and NHRA certainly does not promote it like National Events.

Steve Teeter Stk/SS 620
SDT1DYI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:47 AM   #52
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Another question that I haven't seen discussed is why The race at SGMP is the same weekend as the NMCA race at Orlando? Both tracks owed by Ozzy. On it's face it doesn't make sense. Thoughts? Jim

Looks like NMCA moved their Florida event to Orlando this year in place of Bradenton. No good reason to have both events on the same weekend. Ozzy owns both tracks so the cars will be at one of his tracks that weekend. NMCA attracts a different group of cars than NHRA so the only cross over is Sock and Super Stock. I went to the Bradenton event last year and it was well run. Not a big car count in either class. It will be less this year going against the divisional in SGMP.
Old 11-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #53
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otnipecar View Post
Anyone know why Mission (D6) isn't on the schedule? I thought the borders were open. Always have enjoyed racing there.
Rick, I'm sure the poor car count at the last race didn't help.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:54 PM   #54
GTS340

Liked 1,076 Times in 337 Posts

I just noticed that Bakersfield is back for 2023. Very good news. Division 6 and 7 race tracks seem to enjoy the double races.

Paul Haszlauer
7019 C/SA
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote