HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #91
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top Draster wheelbase

Hey sorry about the final thing. It was even worse having to race Wayne in the first round. Here he put the whole weekend together and we have to race first round. In fact in three rounds I had to race against two hoffman cars. If it makes you feel any better after I stopped my car and shut it off. she brought my time slip over and yelled at me for beating you. with eight races this year Im sure you will get to return the favor at some point.

As to the engine I am ordering rings through Reher Morrison that are design for nitrous I believe they arefered to as "hellfire rings" I know you are not supposed to use a moly ring with nitrous. My pistons were originally design to work with nitrous so they have enought thickness. I do have pretty good rotating assembly parts such as manley rods and a Callies crank. I am also putting new lifters in it but thats just for insurance. I have 150 runs on the old ones and Im not taking any chances. Other than changing plugs and pulling timing that is about it. If any one wants to chime in and tell me Im making any catosrophic mistakes please feel free to chime in. I am not planning on going crazy either I am thinking 2-3 hundred shot. If that works maybe Ill push it a little for Epping national but I want it to live at least untill then. My converter is a little too tight anyway on motor so I am hoping it will really lilke the nitrous. Its gone 7.13 and 188 on motor so Im hoping 6.8 and 195 shouldn't be out of reach on spray or at least 6 something at 190something

I say put a bottle on your car and join the fun. As Wayne once pointed out to me people put 150 shot on a street car. on a 900 horse race engine its nothing.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #92
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Hansbury

one of my concerns is y main caps they are cast as they came when the engine was new from shafiroff ..and changing them is expensive almost cheaper to buy a dart block....everything alse is good i have a lunati pro mod crank je pistons and eagle rods L 19 rod bolts .......havent bought rings yet
Brian Hansbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #93
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The rings to buy are Akerly and Childs - Get a tool steel top ring with the hellfire backcut second ring !!!
Hellfires are ok but not the best stuff anymore.
The cast caps are fine - unless you are going to be spraying the balls out of it dont worry about it. **** years ago I ran a 2 bolt block and sprayed it - nothing ever happened. The eagle rods are OK - as long as you didnt say eagle crank !!! LOL I caught a lifter at the end of the year at the LV race - nothing really happened though. But I ordered another set of red zones (they are rebuildable) and they will get changed mid year - every year for preventative maint. Thankfully it happened in the burnout and not the run -

BJ you put a 300 shot in that thing you are going to fly - no problem making epping. You go 7.20 on motor correct?? You put a 28-32 in it you are easily going 6.80's.

The rumor now is you HAVE TO SPRAY it for the series - LOL. Should be interesting to see frank spray it as well -

IS IT APRIL YET !!!!????

Last edited by Michael Galofaro; 02-21-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #94
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

If they let me put a bottle on it, it'll be there.

Brian,
You'll have NO problem putting 150 - 200 shot on your car.
Think of it his way; race at Denver, then race at Gainesville. Do the math on how much you pick up and then calculate the extra HP Gainesville makes.
I'm positive none of the guys that race Denver then Gainesville do anything different to their engines because of the added HP.
Don't get me wrong if something weird happens (timing issue, fuel solenoid stuck, etc) you can have issues BUT don't be affraid of a small shot with what you have for parts in it.
As was said, look at how many STOCK engines run spray, and we have race motors (with better parts supposedly :-) .
You never know, your combo might LOVE it.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #95
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian,
We didn't win again, but no one else did either. 145 million, do you still have the .04 cents??

I don't know if they are the same, but the main caps off the engine that blew up on its maiden voyage last year may be available. The block was a GM gen 6 and they were forged.
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #96
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i got 18 dollars now bill i won the second practice tree race last night billy jr one the big dollar one ......lol...

my block is a tall deck mark v gm block not sure if they are the same if so that is sweet .....
Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #97
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey bill i hope that pro stock motor fits between your frame rails......i would only hook up 6 plug wires so you can get traction .....
Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #98
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brian,
I would have preferred that stayed between us, I would have been fun to catch some bigmouth yapping and whack em heads up with no bottle.
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #99
Brian Hansbury

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oops sorry bill i only thought you did it so you dont have to buy the -15 firesuit, i retract my last post....
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #100
Old Digger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

great another non driving nit wit in a 200 mile an hour car
Old Digger is offline   Reply With Quote