HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #111
Patric Fox

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Why Aren't You Racing?

I have not raced this year because my old boss just about bankrupt me over the winter with a lack of working hours. I save my few vacation days to go racing the last couple of years and had to quit my job(and didn't get my vacation pay) and take another job with no vacation time this year. My new job is always 40 hours a week but more travel time. Hopefully I can go racing soon, and have to get used to racing in 98 degree weather, since I missed the nice springtime conditions.
Patric Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #112
FLEMING

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
BP,
I could'nt agree more.
It's all about money , committment ,and priority.

Chip Johnson
Chip you have helped me see this... When I was younger I would race somewhere on friday night, sleep in my 84 suburban and race somewhere on saturday, I raced alot of times when I didnt have the money too, i made it work and it always seemed to work out..... Now I have more money than I had then, but I have a house payment now, and other things, so I make excuses alot and talk myself into not going.... My priorities have changed somewhat, and my committment is definately not where it used to be....

SF needs to get off the couch..
FLEMING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #113
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Legend, you are right. If you live in North Carolina you can be at a drag strip within an hour drive from most locations. And if you really want to race you will race what ever event is going on at the track near you and it is every week-end. Most are $35 or $40 with one buy back either first or second round. Make a couple of rounds and you at least get your entry fee back beyond that you are to the good.

Beard, you don't have to have the big motor home with the portable garage and machine shop to have a good time racing. Granted it is not always perfect see the attached photograph. This was Thursday Night at Virginia Motorsports park before Pinks. I rained almost 5" in an hour. Once the storm was gone everyone was out wading in Virginia lake and laughing about the weather

Last edited by chris3racing; 07-06-2010 at 08:48 PM.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #114
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forgot to add the photograph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100604011738s.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	3965  
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #115
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Plain and simple, for me it's the current state of the economy. Could we go to more races.... yes however we've begun to be more frugal in when and where we go. Hopefully we will all crawl out of this current economic down turn and get back to the way things were, but that's not going to happen over nite. Joe
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #116
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With the price of gold at $1200.00/oz. the creek is way more profitable for me than drag racing. Right now anyway.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #117
GRAPE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

tim worner you have PM Any contact info for Tim Worner

Grape
GRAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #118
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Polley View Post
Chip, I am an old bracket racer who likes to tinker and make stuff fly. That is why I took on the Performance Based Eliminator, (Stock) and SS. There isn't anyone I know who looks down their nose at bracket racers. I know quite a few (Classy Racers) that have had their tail handed to them by a good bracket racer. Out here I have not seen double entry with the same car and I don't think buy back either but I could be wrong. North, South, East and West face the same problems, MONEY and lack of work. There are a bunch of stock /ss racers here who will frequent the local bracket programs to tune up on driving. My hat is off to Kyle and Peter for trying to get the Big Bucks bracket programs up and running strong on the West Coast. Participation seems to be the biggest issue and it's not just Class Racing. I have seen local associations pay big first round money, traveling money, points for travel and several other ways all without drawing more cars.... Lack of money and higher priorities? You tell me? I don't think they are excuses Chip, I think it is reality and priority.

BP

Barry, I have to disagree with youir statement about bracket racer vs class racers.......I haven't found a class racer yet that has any regard for bracket racer, hell, I raced in NSS and was look down upon because I wasn't a REAL racer even though NSS isn't bracket racing like class racing is.

JimR
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #119
Oclk Dlux

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's the economy and over inflated cost of living. I was working on getting my LeBaron ready to race again, but ran into severel heavy hitting financial binds. I decided to mothball the car until times get better. It may be a while......
Old 07-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #120
Barry Polley

Liked 582 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
Barry, I have to disagree with youir statement about bracket racer vs class racers.......I haven't found a class racer yet that has any regard for bracket racer, hell, I raced in NSS and was look down upon because I wasn't a REAL racer even though NSS isn't bracket racing like class racing is.

JimR
Yeah I know there are a few. We both know there are a lot of bracket racers in S/SS now. They gamble on not getting a heads up and that's fine. Bracket racing lets me get more seat time and hone the tree. I could care less if they like me or not. Most are intimidated knowing stockers can be deadly consistant.

BP
Barry Polley is offline   Reply With Quote