Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-21-2023, 12:24 PM   #111
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 31 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: No Blinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Sure, if I'm such a bad driver that needs a blinder in order to hit the tree, I have a stick car and have to leave with my foot on a clutch pedal, how about we get rid of trans brakes and the long throw trans brake buttons? Everybody gets to leave off the pedal with their foot, maybe that's fair at the same time? I thought this issue was in regard to a supposed safety issue, not how we go about trying to cut a light?
Nobody said you are a bad driver because you would rather have a driving aid to hit the bottom bulb. I’m not sure if you realize you’re replying to someone who leaves off of the foot, with no 2-step and pulls every gear all while trying to make the slowest Super Stocker (12.50’s) in the nation consistent. I would love it if everyone would join the party. There is no reason to get mad at someone who supports a rule that makes hitting a full tree the objective in an full tree class. There are plenty of pro tree classes if you need to react off of 1 bulb.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:27 PM   #112
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,700 Times in 1,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
https://www.nhraracer.com/Files/Tech...k_22_11_08.pdf

Now, the SS/QA rule, I’ll take credit for that one, with the help of Paul Wong. But it was definitely my idea and NHRA listened to a logical argument. I
Mr. Gary, I am confused….Superstock eliminator needed to add another class LIKE you need ANOTHER hole in your head. After reading your diatribe it is apparent you clearly have your own agenda. You do REALIZE that class win $$ disappeared because of TOO MANY CLASSES . You convinced Pat C. to add a class that MIGHT affect 2 cars in the USA. WOW, I AM IMPRESSED !!…..Your exact words….I’ll take credit for that one/but it was definitely my idea…..I just hope that you can find a helmet big enough to fit that noggin of yours …Respectfully yours ……..,,MJ

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 01-21-2023 at 12:30 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:50 PM   #113
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Mr. Gary, I am confused….Superstock eliminator needed to add another class LIKE you need ANOTHER hole in your head. After reading your diatribe it is apparent you clearly have your own agenda. You do REALIZE that class win $$ disappeared because of TOO MANY CLASSES . You convinced Pat C. to add a class that MIGHT affect 2 cars in the USA. WOW, I AM IMPRESSED !!…..Your exact words….I’ll take credit for that one/but it was definitely my idea…..I just hope that you can find a helmet big enough to fit that noggin of yours …Respectfully yours ……..,,MJ
Haha. So now I’m responsible for class money going away 15-20 years ago for adding 1 class today. Sound logic there buddy. Don’t be mad NHRA mad a rightful decision to add a 18 lb weight class for current competitors factored at 19.5 lbs/hp. A logical argument was made, something that appears lost in this interaction.
Liked
Old 01-21-2023, 12:57 PM   #114
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,700 Times in 1,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
Haha. So now I’m responsible for class money going away 15-20 years ago for adding 1 class today. Sound logic there buddy. Don’t be mad NHRA mad a rightful decision to add a 18 lb weight class for current competitors factored at 19.5 lbs/hp. A logical argument was made, something that appears lost in this interaction.
In no way did I ever say or insinuate that you were RESPONSIBLE ,……..for anything..
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-21-2023, 01:11 PM   #115
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 876 Times in 196 Posts

What a **** show this has turned into!
Can’t wait to race!
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #116
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,283 Times in 606 Posts

12 pages of entertainment. Thanks to all of you.

Some good points have been made.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:36 PM   #117
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
In no way did I ever say or insinuate that you were RESPONSIBLE ,……..for anything..
My bad. You’re just insinuating that 1 class added today is gonna keep the class money from coming back. I’d direct you to the factory classes being combined back to solve that issue. Maybe I’ll put that on my “agenda” this year…
Liked
Old 01-21-2023, 02:10 PM   #118
Cotten

Liked 485 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
When is the last time that you saw a Comp car being driven back through the pits?
I think if you'll read a little closer I said if it's an ....on track ......problem why is comp allowed.

But to answer your question I've seen some comp cars driven back to the pits this year specifically some factory shootout and ah cars.

Last edited by Cotten; 01-21-2023 at 02:36 PM.
Cotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:18 PM   #119
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr derby city View Post
hey, i am all for safety . While we are at it how about those guys with 5 or 6 trophy stickers on the windshield remove them. You know, in the name of safety. I won’t dare reveal his name but there is a certain old chevy wagon that must have 15 trophy decals on his windshield ….the rule book sez the windshield must be clear ….
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	captain stocker.png
Views:	217
Size:	719.3 KB
ID:	65813  
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:54 PM   #120
Stan Hawes

Liked 73 Times in 14 Posts
Smile Re: No Blinders

NHRA = Never Help Racers Anytime.
Remember, The NHRA is not a racing club anymore. It is a sports marketing and TV
money maker for the management to fill their big paychecks.

Stan Hawes Institute of Technology's number one teaching
Stan Hawes is offline   Reply With Quote