HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #121
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: How are the new cars remaining in Stock classes going to affect your racing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
nah, can't be...........someone like that would remortgage their house to buy a new drag pack
Lets wait and see if he admits it.....LOL. It was a dual article in Car Craft I believe about his low buck program and the Hiner & Miller bucks up program. He even flat towed while the other team had a professional car hauler. If its the same guy he did win at least one of the AHRA races and tried to turn pro. AHRA had GT-1, GT-2, and GT-3 I believe which were heads up flat out racing classes. This was when Pro Stock was just getting off the ground in 1970 with NHRA. If its not the same guy then forget the previous post. I couldnt find the magazine to verify my brain. Again....Im old.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 12-13-2010 at 11:05 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #122
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: How are the new cars remaining in Stock classes going to affect your racing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
I think a few sessions with the "Gunny" as your shrink will mellow you out.

My dad loved that Mail Call show of his. I remember one episode where he was discussing the factored HP versus the actual HP of an M1 tank. Good stuff.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #123
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: How are the new cars remaining in Stock classes going to affect your racing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
If you are the same Ron Durham when I read about your racing along with the Hiner & Miller team in one of AHRA's heads up GT classes I remember your AHRA days with a 1969 Z-28 and trying to be a Pro while living off of credit cards.....LOL. If your a different guy then I dont remember. Im old.....LOL.
You left out the car and tow truck were financed by the credit union. Not like people today, who think you have to have money to race - LOL

Yea those were the days Mr Bardahl, Sox and Martin, Golden Comandos all had GT3 cars.

It felt really good to beat Gary Kimble in the final round at the Finals - in Phoenix at Beeline.

Ah the good old days when I was young, reckless and irrisponsible. Oh what I am saying I may still be the same way. No house to mortgage - I alreaday spent that over the last ten years.

I just do not know why the guys on here can not keep it civil.

I like the intelectual entertainment but not when they run out of literate comments and stoop to running their mounth and resort to name calling or impuning you IQ.

I dare say I would match mine with anyone of them in a test today.

I may not be as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was

:-) peace

Last edited by Andys dad; 12-14-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Andys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #124
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys dad View Post
You left out the car and tow truck were financed by the credit union. Not like people today, who think you have to have money to race - LOL

Yea those were the days Mr Bardahl, Sox and Martin, Golden Comandos all had GT3 cars.

It felt really good to beat Gary Kimble in the final round at the Finals - in Phoenix at Beeline.

Ah the good old ays when I was young, reckless and irrisponsible. Oh what I am saying I may still be the same way. No house to mortgage - I alreaday spent that over the last ten years.

I like the intelectual entertainment but not when they run out of literate comments and stoop to running their mounth and resort to name calling or impuning you IQ.

an IQ test? sure, how many bulbs head start do you want?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #125
Andys dad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Lets wait and see if he admits it.....LOL. It was a dual article in Car Craft I believe about his low buck program and the Hiner & Miller bucks up program. He even flat towed while the other team had a professional car hauler. If its the same guy he did win at least one of the AHRA races and tried to turn pro. AHRA had GT-1, GT-2, and GT-3 I believe which were heads up flat out racing classes. This was when Pro Stock was just getting off the ground in 1970 with NHRA. If its not the same guy then forget the previous post. I couldnt find the magazine to verify my brain. Again....Im old.
I have the article

Turns out I won the first two National Events and was runner up at the next two. Also won the championship run off a Beeline at the end of the year because I tied Gary Kimble in points. Back then the tie breaker was race for it.

The jist of the article was how could I have done so much with so little against so much money.

Lots of the Pro Stock teams had three other cars and used the same drivers in one of the three.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane

By the way I am borrowing the money for the Drag Pak

Hope I live long enough to pay it off. If not what's new - LOL

I am going to go out in a blaze of glory

Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #126

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh boy, this **** is gonna start getting real deep anytime now.......................
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #127
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:

Ah the good old ays when I was young, reckless and irrisponsible. Oh what I am saying I may still be the same way. No house to mortgage - I alreaday spent that over the last ten years.

What came first ,the chicken or the egg?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #128
Andys dad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
an IQ test? sure, how many bulbs head start do you want?
Chad I am in such control

You can't stop

I willl give you 40 points

What I like is I am the topic of this thread and induce nothing but negative comments

You really do not get it - I find that hard to believe
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #129
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:

You can't stop

What I like is I am the topic of this thread and induce nothing but negative comments

if you give me 40 points, the chart doesn't read that high.

oh and I do get it. you've drug me down to your level and are beating me with experience
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #130

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:

You can't stop

Ron, I am starting to worry about you. Are you keeping up on your meds??
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote