Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #121
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Holly View Post
#69 on e-bay. Item # 260545446124
Hopefully the ebay cars (if sold) will see track time with the new owners.
hemidup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #122
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Att. Chris W......Mind sharing what your raceweight will be + or --? You know....Wertman Family Racing---"The White Elephant" graphics on the side of your DP might not look too bad..... WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #123
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ask and ye shall recieve....

Race weight ? Well thats yet to be determined. AA or A for Pomona? Hell first I need a running car

The CAR weight right now with a full load goes under 2990 DRY......With fluids Id say 3050-3060, we have a 3qt accumulator and extra trans vols....so...

I can drop another 50 easy but I need to be back at my shop so that won happen. I can also move up 200 lbs legally (putting items back on that were replaced with lightweight counterparts.

So race weight ?

Car weight after Gainesville when I have her home for a few days, under 3000

Hate to say it again (its on the blog as well as all the items the went poof or were replaced (most back in Id say mid - late Nov)

Car got a name...I like it , its a play on Meglomaniac....

On the car wrap under it the definition has been adjusted to

"
1. A psychopathological condition in which delusional fantasies of speed, power, or performance omnipotence predominate.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant race cars and fuel injection systems.
"

See we really dont need others to poke fun at us were quite capable on our own

Cheers

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by W J View Post
Att. Chris W......Mind sharing what your raceweight will be + or --? You know....Wertman Family Racing---"The White Elephant" graphics on the side of your DP might not look too bad..... WJ
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #124
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You'll get there....keep swinging and thanks for the weight info...didn't think the cars would end up that light....BTW, I did finally go to your blog site....VERY informative. WJ

Last edited by W J; 02-01-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: add content to prevent more already-answered ques.....
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #125
Irv Johns

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooze View Post
Ask and ye shall recieve....

Race weight ? Well thats yet to be determined. AA or A for Pomona? Hell first I need a running car

The CAR weight right now with a full load goes under 2990 DRY......With fluids Id say 3050-3060, we have a 3qt accumulator and extra trans vols....so...

I can drop another 50 easy but I need to be back at my shop so that won happen. I can also move up 200 lbs legally (putting items back on that were replaced with lightweight counterparts.

So race weight ?

Car weight after Gainesville when I have her home for a few days, under 3000

Hate to say it again (its on the blog as well as all the items the went poof or were replaced (most back in Id say mid - late Nov)

Car got a name...I like it , its a play on Meglomaniac....

On the car wrap under it the definition has been adjusted to

"
1. A psychopathological condition in which delusional fantasies of speed, power, or performance omnipotence predominate.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant race cars and fuel injection systems.
"

See we really dont need others to poke fun at us were quite capable on our own

Cheers

Chris
ok !

Last edited by Irv Johns; 02-01-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: dbl
Irv Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #126
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If running 8.99 and talking about 8.99 took the same effort you'd be there already for sure. However, something called reality gets in the way once you launch the car and get your time slip that says 10.xx

Damn reality............ it was so much easier on the internet.

boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #127
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Red face Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Bo Knows!!! Bo, we got our Top Stock, excuse our Super Stock, excuse me our Stock motor ready for the dyno. Trusty old 360 Wedge. You remember that motor. I fugure abouty 9.99 in I/SA. I guess I shouldn't smoke that stuff anymore.

Last edited by Jeff Teuton; 02-02-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Forgot Something
Jeff Teuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #128
Irv Johns

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

If your going to go 8.99 you better do it first run, cause when you go 9.350 the horsepower fairy gives you 13 HP and then you have to carry another 97 lbs in AA/Sa or run 974 in A/sa and get the same gift only its 104 Lbs. So therfore the fastter you go the fatter the will make yor weight box.
Irv Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #129
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you misunderstood, I said the car is capable I believe within the year, Irv makes good points about weight and it need to be gapped after 9.350 if thats our goal, it isnt. Other things are our goal.

I never even in my sleep deprived road moods thought it was , or even close to the same effort....can you point me to that post ?

Mike Roth said "You have no idea what it actually takes" or something to the similar.

The truth is I know EXACTLY what it takes, and unlike others who say things like "thats not worth it" or , "You wont see much power difference" I will DO all those things even for 1/10th a HP, 10 of those "not worth it" things are worth 1 hp 100 of them are 10 hp and so on, if I can pull an actual 65 hp out of 326cc's, confirmed on gas, verified and repeated, then appraently that approach works.

I would contend I do know exactly what it takes and I have an obsessive enough personaliy on the mechanical side to make it happen given 3
things

1)I have the time to devote to it (at current no problem)
2)I have the funds to complete the project (if I have to Im going to sell MY 72 Challenger thats getting the twin turbo hemi and 6 speed, so need be I will have funds, even if the old man decided he dosent want to put anymore of his $ in this project. Id rather enjoy the car, but Ill enjoy this more also my 49 plymouth and a couple of other motors will go up for sale if need be) I was also told I couldnt make a Rollieflex mechanical shutter operate at 1/2000th of a second but I did, took me 6 months 5 hrs a day, but I did it (Im wearing my Rollei Shirt now
3) I still have an interest and the Challenge is still there. Being the first to run 8.99 in a NA stocker is a nice "Pinnacle" but truth is if somone else does it Ill probably get bored and look to something else.

So, No way do I think its the same effort. You are 100% right, not even close, its rather the hard road, but that Im willing to do. If NOTHING else, if Only the Challenger build itself on #24 , there should be no doubt Im willing to commit 16 hrs a day 7 days a week for 3 months to achieve a goal, in this case Pomona.

This all for something I think is POSSIBLE

With this motor I expect to see only a hair under 10, no faster than Doug Duell is running, but predictions are moot, from what I heard tonight with the valve train the way its setup on our car 9k is going to be doable from Pomona-Gainesville. Faster times, yes but thats after we get it dialed in setup wise.

The second motor after gainesville with the 5.7 and every trick thrown at it and ME doing the motor sten to stern, not someone eles (the bottom of our mill is the 6.1 is still Stantons build and its way too tight for my comfort) That Combo at max overbore with all the "tricks" thrown at it I expect to see 9.5 with eventually, by say late July early August. The up and downstroke 0 clearance teflon crank scrapers its getting after Gainesville, 9.5 Possibly faster (BUT it actually as an ACTUAL CR that .4 higher than the 6.1 (ignore the blueprint theyre wrong) But at 12.7/1 actual which I can get on the 5.7 (5.9 at max overbore)Thats also with the Phase II tranny which is really a 904 protrans, with some exotics Im having made , all alloy internals and custom shafts. That tranny SHOULD be ready by Mid-Late April. No secrets Ill be happy to tell anyone absolutley everyting I am going to do to the motor, most people reaction is its "overkill" but MOST of it is LABOR, That is something I have in abundance.

The third motor the 6.1 at max overbore (383 ci) Darton wetsleeved block, Ive got someone with 1 ready to roll sitting on it for me when IM ready (he had 8 done at once to save a few $) with all we learned about setup and Trans, probably a full Protrans for windage in the trans. With all we learned on cam and converters as well as trans from Phase 1 and 2.That motor will not get simple friction and ceramics, but rather all DLC where it makes sense, Ive got a buddy at Lockheed that can do them for us....but turnaround time as he has to run them when theyre doing prototype work and are setup for it.

Today I finished ordering (less pistons and cam) everything needed for our 5.7 built, then when the pistons are available the whole lot will go to treatments, Cryo, and Ill probably do most all the coatings myself on this one.

Reality is fine, Ill take it anyday, like I said I expect a hair under IF we get enough testing by Pomona, By Pheonix I am HOPING for 9.8 and Gainesville 9.75 or a tad lower, IF the bottom end holds together, someone else blew theirs to itty bitty pieces on the 7th pass or so, from whe he told me it was "Catastrophic" his new motor is a CRUSHER.

My concern is that the Chassis and Trans/Diff combos will be capable of allowing us to , if there is a weak link in the POSSIBLITY that the car can do 8.99 , thats where it lies with the stock eliminator cars.

8.99 isnt that flipping fast, Ive built cars much faster, granted they were Chassis cars, but well like I said EVERYTHING , everyhthing EXCEPT the enigine is a question, and HOW to time it right for Weight/Hp like Irv mentioned, BUT there are a few ways around that to a degree as well depending on HOW its done, and how other cars have afffected the ratings.

Not even CLOSE to the same country in Terms of effort, MUCH MUCH MUCH Harder than most people are willing to commit, we however ARE willing to take our usual approach, "It takes what it takes" Yhe build out for Pomona and still making it (when we are there) will show that we are both willing and capable. As well as our weight, the LIGHTEST DP car to date to my knowledge, and to be lighter.

Cheers

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedf22c View Post
If running 8.99 and talking about 8.99 took the same effort you'd be there already for sure. However, something called reality gets in the way once you launch the car and get your time slip that says 10.xx

Damn reality............ it was so much easier on the internet.

Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #130
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooze View Post
The truth is I know EXACTLY what it takes, and unlike others who say things like "thats not worth it" or , "You wont see much power difference" I will DO all those things even for 1/10th a HP, 10 of those "not worth it" things are worth 1 hp 100 of them are 10 hp and so on, if I can pull an actual 65 hp out of 326cc's, confirmed on gas, verified and repeated, then appraently that approach works.
So you've found about 2500-3000 things that most others have missed???

I just don't think you are going to be able to measure, coat, treat and degree in 250-300 extra horsepower. Not in legal stock eliminator trim at least.

Last edited by boostedf22c; 02-02-2010 at 09:32 PM.
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote