Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #141
Jim Craig

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Silverman View Post
So what ever happened to "Every Ticket is a Pit Pass?"

Aren't the staging lanes part of the pit's? Especially for someone who is credentialed as a competitor? Maybe it has something to do with taking pictures and not having one of those really cool "PHOTO" vest's!! We all know how wrong that is!

Still a shame you got picked on, Jack!
NOPE, not once you pass under the cross-over bridge then your carefully checked and screened to keep the foot-traffic down and a restricted area pass is worthless unless your with a car in line or a "credentialed" photographer. Still some nice shots........shake it off, it's not worth it.
Jim Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #142
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,657 Times in 1,275 Posts

This in car cam is Drew Skillman in his 2012 Cobra Jet Super Stocker. I had a hard time finding a good spot, but thought what the heck, it is a mid 8 second car. The Skillman's are super people, be sure to drop by there pit on Thursday at 7:30PM for dinner.

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #143
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 373 Times in 80 Posts

Jack grab the 55 wagon for me. That is one fine 55.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #144
Mile High

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone reporting and posting pictures and videos. Greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #145
Bench Racer

Liked 99 Times in 21 Posts

I remember 10 or so years ago going to Indy with my brother to watch Super Stock class runs. There were (if memory serves) 250 cars in SS. Class was an all day affair. I had since then made the drive from NC to Indy just to watch class for Stock and Super Stock then drive back home. I'll catch some flack for this but shoot away. When class wins got you in on Monday there were cars there in every class. The format of qualifying IMHO has hurt the car count "numbers don't lie". I have heard the complaint and see both sides of the story that " that odd ball low dollar car got in, and my $100k+ car got sent home. Remember what the U.S. Nationals was founded on class wins! I still love watching a 2300cc Ford, 265ci Chevy, 318ci Chrysler, or an inline six load the new stuff on the trailer. My brother runs SS/GT with a rather quick car but I am still fond of the odd, obscure class cars. Indy used to be a muscle car nuts dream, I hope the dream returns. As for qualifying, save the qualifying for the Pros. BTW I was lucky enough to go to Indy and help my brother with a super stocker in 2011 and 2012 and never watched a fuel car make a pass, they are as boring as watching grass grow. If the car counts of "class" cars gets lower I doubt NHRA will care. Sportsman are only fill in to keep some action between the Pro round circus that attracts the spectators that don't know a carburetor from a injector, but is there for noise, flash, and 300mph runs. I was not able to make Indy this year, but last two years were great. I know why people return each year to meet old friends and make new ones. I wish the best for the racers that have worked hard and spent hard earned $$ to be there. I hope NHRA appreciates the effort the sportsman participants have made to be there. The officials should appreciate someone like Jack that promotes NHRA. I wish the best for NHRA leadership and hope they take a look at who got them where they are. Don Jackson
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #146
rtr0id

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Ok , I've vented - had some corn and good conversation and will find another way to get what I need to do my 'job' the way I know it needs to be done ...........

Here are photos from earlier today ..........
would a press pass work?
rtr0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #147
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
I must have been sleeping what are the Class designations mean on the new cars like FS/DC ?
Don't feel bad Don, I don't know what they mean either! Too much going on here...
I'll have to find a rulebook and figure it out later...do they still PRINT rulebooks?

Thanks for ALL the "coverage" out there you guys! Try and stay cool and good luck
with the race.....

Here's a question for the veteran racers out there....About when did they STOP
teching the cars next door at the oval track? Remember those days....
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #148
Randy Parker

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts

Thank's Live reporter's from coast to coast! Ya'll keep my dream alive!
Randy Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #149
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,657 Times in 1,275 Posts

Last one for the night..... Super Stock in the staging for their second qualifying shot. Sorry for the poor video, its a little shaky, but thought you might want to see it anyway.

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #150
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Craig View Post
NOPE, not once you pass under the cross-over bridge then your carefully checked and screened to keep the foot-traffic down and a restricted area pass is worthless unless your with a car in line or a "credentialed" photographer. Still some nice shots........shake it off, it's not worth it.
The most pathetic situation is when the funnie cars run and top fuels there is a ton of people all around the bombs or missiles on the starting line , at one race I counted 45 people all around the cars to me that is more dangerous than us around Stock or Super Stock some one does not get it lol then when we run the officials don't want anyone to be on the line weird thinking in my opinion