HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
Darcy Clarke

Liked 422 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Division 6

Hi Allan

The event at Ashcroft is May 18 - 20 and Edmonton is July 6-8. Let me know if you need anything else.

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA SS/JA
Darcy Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
Darcy Clarke

Hi Allan

That sounds great!

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA SS/JA
Old 12-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #13
ChevyII

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi Darcy,

Your initiative to take this matter on is both noble and inspiring. I wish you the best of luck in attempting to attract more racers to compete in Ashcroft but history tells us fields will be small.

For whatever reason, racers have stayed away because of a multitude of factors and it is a real shame. "It's too hot, the pits are not paved, it's too dusty, hotel accomodations are sparse, it's too far a haul into the mountains, I can't get into Canada because I don't have a current passport, it's IHRA and I've got to buy another membership, I don't like racing IHRA because they have crate motored classes, Mission is the next week, don't want to hurt the drivetrain and on and on." You've heard this all before.....

Yes, Ashcroft is no Vegas but the team at Ashcroft try really hard, maybe harder than anyone else to make their venues work. If we don't start supporting these venues in Canada, we won't have any venues to attend, period! You cannot continually cross the 49th parallel, race in their backyard and think you are helping drag racing in Canada. It's like watching all of the businesses in North America send their plants overseas for cheap labor and then wonder why there are no jobs. I realize this may be hard to swallow for some racers but it's funny how the truth hurts.

Racers support this race because whether you believe it or not, the attendance here does impact all other races in IHRA's Division 6 including Edmonton. If things don't improve, it may only be Top Dragster and Top Sportsman at these events or better yet, all bracket racing.

These are my opinions based on listening to racers over the past number of years.

Mike Ferstl

Last edited by ChevyII; 12-16-2011 at 01:04 PM.
ChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
Darcy Clarke

Hi Mike

I appreciate the input, hopefully there is a good turnout at both events. I have already come up with 1/2 of the Sponsorship money so I think keeping the classes separate will not be a problem. I appreciate all the input that I have received from all the racers and IHRA.

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA SS/JA