HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts

Galaxy makes a 12 ply tire that I have been using the last two years with out a failure. I understand they make large equipment tires. I got them through my local firestone dealer. They make 16 & 16.5 radials. My sons use the Mich. XPS 16" radial with great success. I use the Galaxy because I use a 16.5" tire.

Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #12
10 Seconds Flat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 28 foot enclosed trailer and just ordered 16 inch rims for it. I hope that cures my tire worries.

Thanks for the info Charlie.

10 Seconds Flat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #13
Painter

For anyone blessed with Goodyear Marithon trailer tires I found a factory bulliten that we all should be aware of. It states that if we are going to drive over 65 mph that the tires should be inflated 10 pounds more than the sidewall says. I got this bullitin after blowing two tires each on two back to back trips. I was able to not completely distroy 3 of the 4 tires by catching them very hot at fuel and rest stops. They had what looked like blowouts on the innner sidewall. When we took them off of the rim the inside of the tire was perfect. The number of the bullitin is 2006-06.
Painter

Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #14
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

Goodyear G159 commercial truck tire will do the job flawlessly. Do not purchase the Marathon trailer tire under any circumstances. They will not hold up. I blew out 30 of the marathons on my 40 ft goose. Then converted to the 16 inch wheels and the G159 tire and have no tire problems since. LT 215/85/ 16 is the tire that I use. good luck.

Mike

Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #15
Kenny Wigington

Liked 60 Times in 12 Posts

I am very glad you guys brought this up again. I am trying to get my stuff together to order a trailer. This is good info ! Thanks !

I hope they will replace that win light , on my side ! It looks like yours still works ?!

STK 2894
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #16
Tim Kish

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: TRAILER TIRES !!

Any recommendations of tires for 15" wheels. Lost my first Goodyear Marathon last weekend, which sounds like I did good since the trailer is a 2001 but there is another that looks like it is failing.

Local tire dealer quoted me a set of Carlisle 225/75/15 load range E. I've been reading a few bad reviews on Carlisle tires on epinoins.com but looking for racer feedback.

Trailer is a 24ft Pace Shadow GT.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 135 Times in 49 Posts
Post Re: TRAILER TIRES !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kish View Post
Any recommendations of tires for 15" wheels. Lost my first Goodyear Marathon last weekend, which sounds like I did good since the trailer is a 2001 but there is another that looks like it is failing.

Local tire dealer quoted me a set of Carlisle 225/75/15 load range E. I've been reading a few bad reviews on Carlisle tires on epinoins.com but looking for racer feedback.

I didn't know Carlisle made a load range "E" in 15", but I wouldn't trust them anyway.
I was blowing a few a year of the "D" on my open trailer! Not with other brands. That opinion is shared with a pretty good majority on all forums I've seen trailer tires discussed. But I went with 6,000lb axles and 16" radials when I ordered my 26' Pace for extra insurance.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
drace69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was having trouble with 15" tire blowouts on my 28' enclosed. After quite a few blowouts with Carlisle, Titan, Tuff-tow, Heritage and any other brand I could find I finally got this info.

Denman Tire co makes a 15" 10 ply tire that I finally bought a year or so ago and so far no problems. seems to be a btter tire and I swear I can even tell the rolling resistance of the trailer is less with the extra air pressure that goes with the load range 'E' items.

These are a ST225/75R15

I found these at a local Pomp's tire store but they have a web site that might help you find a dealer near you.

http://www.denmantire.com/

Hope this helps
drace69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #19
Fred Suiter

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have had trailer tire problems with many blowouts on my 28 ft trailer. I made the mistake of getting 15 in. rims. I also tried the Goodyear (8ply), Carlisle (10ply), Titan (10ply) , etc. The local tire dealer recommended the Denman 10 ply which I switched to lasy year. So far no problems.
The dealer indicated that the other tires have weak side walls while the Denman were stronger. I also recommend you get the steel valve stems.
Fred Suiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #20
Bud Lefevre

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kish View Post

After having the Goodyear problem, Ken went to the "E" Carlisle's and no more problems.