HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
PoisonDartR688

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2014 Mustang 3.7 V6 in Ihra Pure Stock

Can anybody on here point me in a direction so that I could get this combo approved for NHRA? I have a 2011 V6 Mustang, and would love to race it in Stock. Just not sure where to even start. Combos like this might really open up Stock and might even help to get some new blood in the class. Thanks for any and all help.
PoisonDartR688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
efi v6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok Mike got back to me and I gave him the specs I have on the new cars he said he is going to make some calls and that it might take a little time but we will get it all sorted out ! It looks like it will happen just don't know how long! I will be staying on top of this so will let everybody know when it gets certified ! Yes I still get 32 mpg on the highway ( on the way to the races ) 6-seed autos are great 4.17 1st ( 2.00 60' with 2.73 gears and street tire ) I am looking so forward to this I can hardly sleep !
The guy that wants to run NHRA stock good luck I contacted NHRA a few times with no response ! Maybe you will have better luck or you can run IHRA when this is all done !
Thanks for all the support
Tony K.
efi v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
PoisonDartR688

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's cool! Good luck, hope it works out for you. Unfortunately, IHRA tracks are few and far between here in Division 6, so I'll have to do my best to convince NHRA to allow the 3.7 V6 in Stock. A battle I don't see myself winning. With Ford currently being the official vehicle of NHRA, I have a feeling that they just want the factory cobra jets in stock, no V6s...Even though these new engines are pretty amazing. I'll keep you posted on what happens with NHRA.
PoisonDartR688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #14
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efi v6 View Post
Ok Mike got back to me and I gave him the specs I have on the new cars he said he is going to make some calls and that it might take a little time but we will get it all sorted out ! It looks like it will happen just don't know how long! I will be staying on top of this so will let everybody know when it gets certified ! Yes I still get 32 mpg on the highway ( on the way to the races ) 6-seed autos are great 4.17 1st ( 2.00 60' with 2.73 gears and street tire ) I am looking so forward to this I can hardly sleep !
The guy that wants to run NHRA stock good luck I contacted NHRA a few times with no response ! Maybe you will have better luck or you can run IHRA when this is all done !
Thanks for all the support
Tony K.
Awesome !
Send me a picture of you car.
Will add it to the Pure Stock Photo Gallery.
D
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote