Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #11
WheelsUp
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Look out for shady Tulsa hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
No, moron, that was the first LODRS here so I was hoping it would go well for everybody.
Calm down and take your medication.
WheelsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 683 Times in 292 Posts

Austin,

You might call the Tulsa County District Attorney:

http://www.da.tulsacounty.org/

Most folks here really do not like visitors to the city being treating that way. You might not get your money back but it may get the the hotel's attention.

The suggestion to call the national headquarters is a good one also.

Sorry for the hassle,
Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #13
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Look out for shady Tulsa hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Smedley View Post
Austin........You need to complain to the management or the parent company...I suspect a thieving employee here............also go to their website and put a scathing post on it.....these hotel chains really rely on customer satisfaction
I think Neil is correct. If you plead your case to the home office customer services they probably would at least give you a few free nights to be used some other time. Worth a try. Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Look out for shady Tulsa hotel

Quote from Austin Ford:When we took a closer look at the receipt, it shows we payed by card...not cash!

If the receipt shows payment by CC and his CC statement doesn't show a DOUBLE payment it's water over the bridge.Either the desk clerk/clerks are stupid or thieves.
You can go to court and the judge would toss it due to the fact you can't prove that you paid with cash.Case closed.
When you're handed the receipt,then and there is the time to read it fully.Any mistake can be corrected on the spot.
I'm removing my shark skin lawyers suit now and slithering under my rock now..
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
Rusty2211

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All those hotels have sophisticated cameras around the desk area. I'd get in touch with the owner and see if they can review the transaction.
Rusty2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
rick lester

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Since I work in the hotel industry, I will give my 2 cents. Not all hotels or employees are crooks, and I'm not saying anybody is calling any hotels or their employees crooks. 99% are honest and trustworthy. First, NEVER pay in cash. Yes, you can get a receipt that states you paid cash, but most if not all hotels ask for a deposit, that is refundable at check out as long as nothing is destroyed or stolen from the room. That should of eliminated giving your c.c. info.
Not all hotels have cameras. Mine does, and yes there is one at the front desk pointing at the computer and cash drawer. Plus our computer system keeps track of anything that is entered in the system, ie; room change, # of people change, cash or credit charges.
You can go though any of the dot com travel sites and make a reservation though them, but you still have to give them you c.c. for imprint only. Dot coms only pay for room and tax, any incedentails will have to be paid for by the person checking in, ie: in room safe, phone calls, on demand movies, items destroyed or stolen from room. Check their website, it does state that c.c. must be provided at check in for imprint only.
Your best bet is to call the corp. # and complain. The hotel will rebut the claim, but you can get your money back. They want you to come back so they will do what it takes to keep your business.
rick lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #17
Jim B

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As a precautionary note, ALWAYS use a credit card for hotel and motel payments. An epidemic wave of $100 to $200 charges by the motels after you have checked out are becoming more common. ("Smoking in room" surcharges when nobody really smoked in the room) Very difficult to resolve unless it's a credit card and it seems to becoming a more than infrequent occurrance. At any rate, good luck with recovering your money.

Last edited by Jim B; 07-09-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Jim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #18
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

My mom worked for a TV station doing consumer reporting affairs. She said NO ONE should every have a debit card as you have no recourse in fraud like you do with a credit card. She now does part time work for the Attorney General in NC for AARP. Get rid of your debit cards.
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbjr View Post
My mom worked for a TV station doing consumer reporting affairs. She said NO ONE should every have a debit card as you have no recourse in fraud like you do with a credit card. She now does part time work for the Attorney General in NC for AARP. Get rid of your debit cards.
I agree.