HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #11
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,235 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Apparently Div7 has more than 1 rule book !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Aceves View Post
So your saying I'f the losing car has no chance than it should not matter ??
one of the reasons i hate posting on this site is because of responses like this ...
it's coming directly from a damn good racer who was in the other lane.
and to say I'f the loosing car has no chance makes a difference ?? Huh
are you even a racer ??
I am a racer, and I understand the application of rules. But if someone posts in a vague way about an event instead of a specific way, there is usually more to the story for sure. And if the person posting was the person that was beaten because of the ice being dumped in the lane, why not post all of the detail and what he or she wanted from NHRA?

If it was good enough to post, why not post all of the detail. If I was racing and got beat heads up by someone that dumped ice on the track, I would ask myself if the outcome would have been different. If the other guy had me covered, The ice wouldn't have changed things.

Since NHRA should have been watching to administer their own rules and didn't then that is a problem. If it was an oil down, NHRAs oil down police would site the offending racer with a warning or a fine if they had to roll any equipment.
If I felt NHRA should have bounced the other racer, I would have complained to an official directly. If I felt that I had no chance of winning as a result of the ice being spilled in the other lane, and it was really a complaint about NHRA playing favorites or just being generally uninvolved when they should be, I would still go to the division director. Many people post on the Internet expecting a change and never talk with NHRA.

Like I said earlier, just a very vague post.

Last edited by james schaechter; 04-20-2015 at 05:39 AM.
james schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,768 Times in 1,318 Posts

Bob Aceves, I assure you that James Schaechter is indeed a racer. Unfortunately with NHRA ,rule enforcement varies within the 7 Divisions. As far as Division 7 turning a blind eye to this heads up run.......What happens in Vegas.stays in Vegas....M.J.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #13
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

Sad deal...should have been a DQ. Particularly since NHRA has posted reminders about removing ice before a race.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #14
MW7670

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hey Schaechter, first of all, the post maybe vague in your opinion and that's fine. The Division Director was confronted and that was a big waste of time in my life that I'll never get back. Mr. Aceves is correct when he asked if it mattered if the slower car had a chance and should it make a difference. Well in this case it DID. Had I been a little slower and that S**t hit my car all HELL would've broke loose and I'm DIV7 wouldn't have covered the damages. Dry Ice could've done some real damage. I also have seen doors, hoods, driveshafts fall off and that's not something deliberately done. In this case, I saw nothing while racing down track, which means I wasn't too far behind. This issue was brought to my attention by MANY creditable racers who watched this at the track or by the Live Internet stream. They all thought and said that I should be reinstated because debris deliberately had fallen onto the track. Hell it took 4 officials 5 minutes or so to clean this crap up. But if that's OK with the person representing NHRA and Div 7 and causing a delay in there show so be it. I didn't want anything from NHRA, I wanted Div7 to follow the rules that NHRA has drawn up. Apparently Div7 operates with a different set of rules. Is that so Vague Mr. Schaechter. It won't change the outcome, that's obvious and like stocker 396 posted earlier I don't have the correct last name for rules to be enforced. Schaechter, next time you have a heads-up make sure to leave your dry ice, ice baggies or whatever you may use in the engine compartment. It's OK, you"ll be fine. Am I still to Vague for you???
MW7670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
Another Friendly Racer

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Leaving the track in handcuffs? All hell breaking loose? C'mon people this is all supposed to be in fun amongst sportsman. Let's get a little perspective here, please. We're talking about drag racing, not someone harming your family. Some of you take this sport way too seriously.
Another Friendly Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Friendly Racer View Post
Leaving the track in handcuffs? All hell breaking loose? C'mon people this is all supposed to be in fun amongst sportsman. Let's get a little perspective here, please. We're talking about drag racing, not someone harming your family. Some of you take this sport way too seriously.
Hey Mr Another, when I was racing Stock it was all consuming to me to go out there and do my best to win rounds. I did it according to the rules. You don't have to give someone a knuckle sandwich to be put in handcuffs. A strong protest that would correct the non enforcement of the rules we raced under would probably be enough to have the wimps they call NHRA officials to call in the local police.
All hell would come under the same heading.
I hope I didn't hurt your self esteem, there's an awful lot of that going around lately.

And Mr Schaechter, I guess if someone shot me and only grazed me it would be OK because he didn't kill me. Sheesh.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 04-20-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #17
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Friendly Racer View Post
Ok so if you lost to a person that should have by rule been DQ’ed on a race that would have gave you a free ride to the final (ie guaranteed runner up money). You would just be hey whatever we are just here to have a good time.
Rules are meant to be for everyone. Obviously if the track crew had to go out to get the bags off the track it was obvious they knew it happened and decided to ignore it.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #18
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 680 Times in 269 Posts

, LA.

*Stk & SS rule reminder on ice in staging lanes.

Stock and Super Stock*Staging*lane Rule Reminder 8/21/2014

Stock and Super Stock*Staging*lane Rule Reminder
This is a reminder to all Stock and Super Stock Racers that prior to reaching the head of the*staging*lanes*all ice, towels, rags, etc must be removed per the 2014 NHRA Rulebook General Regulations, Section 20, page 5, Fuel /Air –

Fuel/Air: Any method of artificially cooling or heating fuel prohibited (i.e.,*coolcans, Freon, wet rags, etc.), except as noted*in*Class Requirements.*Cool*cans, wet towels, etc. are permitted*in*Super Stock, Stock, Super Comp, Super Gas, Super Street, and E.T. classes. Wet towels, rags, ice, etc. must be removed before vehicle leaves*staging*area. Ambient- temperature air only; cooling or otherwise changing the conditions of the intake air is prohibited. Spraying of intake with any artificial spray or coolant prohibited.
So whats the problem? Written in black and white before indy nationals last year. Ice was brought in staging and fluid leaked in track which required down time. Sounds like 2 violations. Right or wrong?
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #19
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 680 Times in 269 Posts

Maybe if the slower car put ice on manifold and kept it on during run he could of had a chance to win. Remember rules are guide lines and be used accordingly.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #20
Jim Caughlin

Liked 697 Times in 210 Posts

Up here in div 6, we also have flexible rules about what does or doesn't constitute a qualifying run. Depending on whether there is an even or odd number of cars and who would benefit from a single, you may or may not get bumped off of the qualifying sheet. Got bitten by that one once...
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote