Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Randy Mullins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Oh - well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Bill after all of the Blue Oval checks clear the bank!!!!
well at least they had the money in the bank to cover the check so that they did'nt have to go to the goverment like your boy's did. i think your boy's went begging twice.
Randy Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Mullins View Post
well at least they had the money in the bank to cover the check so that they did'nt have to go to the goverment like your boy's did. i think your boy's went begging twice.
Now, that was relevant. LOL!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Mullins View Post
So where exactly did Ford get their money?
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #14
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
So where exactly did Ford get their money?
Hate for this thread to get off track but since no one else is going to answer.

Ford borrowed $23.5 billion from a bank to restructure in 2006. They put up the Mustang(R), F150(R) and even the Ford blue oval(R) for collateral. In this restructuring event they liquidated many assests that were not a part of the core company. Getting rid of such items as Ford Field in Michigan, Shares of Mazda, Jaguar, Aston martin and consolidated some vehicles platforms. Ford has repayed the loan and has their debt ratings upgraded to investment-grade. They now have their collateral back.

Ford did go to washington not to ask for bailout money but to ask to have available a loan if it was needed in the future. There is no doubt that the auto industry was hit hard in the Econonomical downturn that took place and all were struggling.

They focused on becoming a global car company while focusing on its brand.(instead of trying to run multiple companies in different parts of the world differently). They focused intensly on safety and quality and set there sites on regaining market share and brand reconignition. (They brought back familiar names such as Taurus). They also stopped relying on economies of scale to be profatable.

This is just a small part of everything that Alan Mulally(came to Ford in 06 from boeing) and the managment team did with the company to make it into what it has become today.

And now back to the original program...
When will the rules be set in stone?
Still wondering what the difference is between the V10s?

Looking forward to seeing the showdown. I'll be there but will have just picked up the BIW the week before so I won't be racing in it unfortunately. Indy is always a great time!
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822

Last edited by D.Johns; 05-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
bigshow2966

Liked 83 Times in 36 Posts
Talking Re: Oh - well

Ford used gubbamint guarantees to get their loans. They funneled it through their own financial services so in effect thy took gubbamint money and "loaned" it to themselves to stay afloat.

They were smart enough to do it a couple years before the bottom dropped out is all.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #16
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

Ford got their loans from Bank of America(IIRC) with underwriting allowing the collateral to be released once the investment grade was acheived. It is correct Ford used loans such as the fuel/green and etc that were based on the interest rate that was standard. (3-4%) Others car companies and individuals take part in the government garrunteed interest rate(houseing for example). Tesla, and Nissian also took these loans. Unfortunitaly for GM and Chrysler they were denied their application for these intiatives due to not being finiacially "Stable".

Some would classify trading higher interest debt for lower interest debt as a wise strategy. Like putting higher interest credit cards onto lower ones to help pay off quicker or gain leverage/cashflow. I personally am anti-debt all the way. I would like to see everyone to become debt free.

Its interesting to hear everyone thats pro Ford-GM-Chrysler. Everyone can make valid points.(Granted some can not hold an intellegant conversation with others).

Sorry Andy's Dad for getting the thread off track.
What are the weights that the Challengers can get down to? I'm happy to see more heads up for a 1/4 mile. I'm not a fan of 1/8 mile stuff but will try to make it to an ADRL race simply because of the heads-up between the cars. Keep us posted when the rules are official for indy! Very cool none the less!
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Johns View Post
Its interesting to hear everyone thats pro Ford-GM-Chrysler. Everyone can make valid points.(Granted some can not hold an intellegant conversation with others).
Thanks for posting. I love all three brands and am glad they have all survived their financial problems. I am really happy that each has managed to field a "factory" car.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

The burning question in MY mind would be, "When is Ma Mopar going to release a twin turbo V-10 Challenger (or the same engine in the new, smaller, lighter Barracuda) and put an end to this B.S. for all time???"

I, for one, am getting tired of waiting... LOL!

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-29-2012 at 12:00 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

I love "intellegant" conversations. Why should we worry about weight breaks when it was not even considered when they dumped these cars on Stock?
Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

X 2!!!