HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 118 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: Marty Buth Beats The Truck!!!!

Thanks,Don
(I remember back when your brother used to come to Clay City WCS races and remember his wagon(or was it another car of his?) being Super Stock (illustrated)? Never did get to meet you all maybe will one day.
Randall has been good friend for close to 30 years and is as good as guy as they come. He can give same story just be more entertaining from him.LOL
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 91 Times in 35 Posts

Hey Marty...you've certainly got a great "handle" on 4-banger Ford's...either normally aspirated...or turbo-ed up!...Congrats...yet another Indy race year... Drake
DRAKE VISCOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
Marty Buth

Liked 221 Times in 36 Posts

First, let me agree with all the good comments about Randall! He is a great competitor and a first class gentleman. They, indeed, don't come any better than Randall. Second, in the first class run, my ET showed up almost instantly on the score board as a .775. The ET ticket showed me getting to the finish line first by .2 seconds, which Randall and I both knew was incorrect. In fact, when Randall and I spoke, we weren't sure which of us got to the finish line first, it was that close. I received no quarter mile ET or mile per hour. The electronic guru in the tower said he had no idea what happened. So, this was a bad deal for both Randall and me. NHRA decided on the rerun as part of the second round of class eliminations. Third, thanks to all who gave me congratulations, it means a lot and I really appreciate it. Thanks to Mike Taylor, for his previous explanation. Mike has done a nice job with Randall's truck. I hope to meet Mike someday to shake his hand and get to know him. Finally, thanks to Bob Michael for starting this thread. Congratulations to Bob on his N/SA class win. We all need to pray for Bob's wife to get well from medical issues she is facing.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 118 Times in 50 Posts

Thank's for the compliment,Marty. I may make the doorslammers,I can make index in K/S w' my pure stocker,just cross my fingers to avoid heads up.
I'm going to do my very best to get my stocker engine done this winter,so hopefully I can get out to more races next year.
Congratulations again Marty
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote