Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
Ron Gusack

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: DA shock adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAURICE BLENDHEIM View Post
Ron...We tried to help you in your original post back in August 2012 with the same problem. Do you still have the same front springs (Santhruff uncut)? Like Ed said you need to make the front work and go with the new M/T's. Have you tried leaving at a higher RPM? MB.
Yes, same front everything and that's the next area to attack. Since August 2012 I replaced the leaf springs with coil overs and on well prepped tracks, it works well. I'll go after the front end, but I might wind up with Hoosiers instead of Mickey's.

I ran one race with secondary shoes everywhere and could easily leave at 3200. I haven't tried anything higher than that.

Last edited by Ron Gusack; 06-21-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add
Ron Gusack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #12
Ron Gusack

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Eldridge View Post
Ron, my 70 Nova BBC had Moroso front springs, 90/10 Lakewood front shocks, Koni dual adjustable rear shocks, 9" tire stocker. With mine, we set the extension very stiff at about 1-2 clicks from the stiffest setting and the compression at the mid point of adjustment. Car would launch at 3400 with 60' best of 1.41. My thought was to slow the extension of the shock as much as possible so the car could get out farther before the suspension reached full extension. We felt that if it reached full travel too quickly it could unhook the tires at that point, sounds like that could possibly be happening in your case,
just my 2 cents.....

Grant Eldridge
E/SA 6650
Thanks Grant, I'll give that a try. I may have misunderstood Moneymaker when he said "Go as stiff as you can until it spins and then back off", he may have been talking about the initial hit. I'm trying to make it work until I can scrape together enough money for new tires. I'm running on a track that gets prepped once at the beginning of the day and goes downhill from there.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
Ron Gusack

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Grant, thanks for your help on extension settings. I didn't go 2 clicks from the stiffest, but I went about midway and the car worked much better. I would have done exactly what you said, but I didn't remember 1 or 2 from stiffest. I haven't been able to find info on exactly how to set them. I'm sure it's out there though. You S and SS guys are really sharp and it helps us little guys a ton when you share info.

Thanks
Ron