HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

Liked 233 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Norwalk ??

63 Stockers in the first session and about 15 more for the second time run. The usual players are on the top. As of 4:00 S/S just started its second session as the clouds darkened and very light sprinkles started - just like the Weather Channel said it would. There is a full card of entertainment planned tonite including Gassers, Drag Radial cars, jets and fireworks. Cars are going in the trailers.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #12
Sam M

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the update Mike.
Sam M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #13
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Cell phone signal is very hit and miss, so I haven't been able to do anything with pics. Busy day getting two cars through tech, two hits in each, plus a little tinkering inbetween. Discovered a brake issue in the Volare, but got things squared away for Q2, thanks to Terry Knott.

The air on my station has been pretty stable from the cool morning into a fleetingly semi-warm afternoon, and then into quickly cooling early evening (and now downright cold), ranging from 790' to 900' and back to 719'. We had a couple of tiny sprinkles, but the track has been very proactive about checking, stopping, and dragging. I was first pair out after one sprinkle and subsequent drag... Track was perfect! Picked up .02 on 60', and yanked the wheels noticeably higher (such as it is). Fun pass!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:34 AM   #14
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

Saturday morning update - RAIN - with a forecast that is not encouraging for the rest of the day. But tomorrow looks perfect. See the following announcement from NHRA division 3 that kills the planned third Stock and S/S qualifier.

NORWALK, Ohio - 9:45 p.m. A lengthy delay following an accident during the first Super Comp qualifying session, an hour-long misty, fog-like period of rain in the afternoon and a prolonged cleanup during the first qualifying session for Top Alcohol Dragster pretty well discumbobulated Friday's racing schedule at Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park.
The first qualifying sessions for Competition Eliminator, Top Sportsman and Top Alcohol Funny Car have been moved to Saturday, along with the DRAW/RFC Super Shootouts presented by Moser Engineering and first qualifying sessions for Top Fuel Harley and Pro Fuel Harley. Planned third qualifying sessions for Stock and Super Stock were scrubbed.

We will post the revised Saturday schedule as soon as we receive it, along with the results of Friday's abbreviated qualifying.

Last edited by Mike Delahanty; 05-17-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: New news
Mike Delahanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
Michael Beard
VIP Member

I heard the pitter patter on the roof this morning, rolled over and turned my alarm off. It sounded very light, and later I heard the tractor out on the track. In the last few minutes however, the rain has picked up, and the tractor is off. Well, now it's tapered off again. When it does quit, the drying process will likely take a significant amount of time. Whatever can be done, Norwalk can do it though. I'm sure they have to give priority to classes that didn't run yesterday, though.

Must've stopped raining, as the first 'Stocker alarm' just went off. Not sure where they are going! ;-) Tractor's back on the track, brooming water in the shutdown. Lots of work to do.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #16
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

11:20 am. What progress that had been made to get the track dry has been wiped out by a shower that's hit the area. No announcements yet about schedule adjustments.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #17
tommy d

Liked 311 Times in 116 Posts

AAAAAAAAAAARGHHH! I feel for you guys.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #18
M Lefkes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please keep us updated if possible, I was thinking of making the drive tomorrow.
M Lefkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
Michael Beard
VIP Member

The pattern has repeated all day, with rain off and on, punctuated with drying efforts continually erased. We even had a couple minutes of light, tiny hail. The jet dryer is back on track. Nobody works harder, that's for sure!

I'm not sure what's possessed them, but Terry and Holgar have cleaned my car off yet again, almost ensuring another passing shower. ;-)

Speaking of, congrats to Holgar on the E/SA record!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #20
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Racing scheduled to resume at 4pm. Top Sportsman has been called to thelanes, to be followed by Comp, TA/FC, T/D, and a bunch of show stuff, etc. Eliminations start tomorrow morning at 8:30am, with Super Street, Stock, Super Gas, and Super Stock.