Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2023, 10:07 AM   #11
HP HUNTER

Liked 278 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Last Mile High Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Not sure everyone shares your enthusiasm for the mountain Bob. Oh, I am sure the locals like the track ,…. but there is something about leaving that starting line and thinking your car might be broke and not to mention pitting in a galaxie far,far, away ….
I've raced at Bandimere for over 30 years, and heres what I see:

When John Bandimere Sr started that track it was a great track, they respected the racers, when his son took over the track it went down hill, and I will give some examples: from what I can see everything bad in NHRA drag racing originated from Bandimere, run cards started at Bandimere, insurance and registration for pit bikes started at Bandimere. As far as track prep goes, they don't want to spray the track , they did when the old man ran the place, and it was the best surface I'd raced on at the time, but no more, and don't get cleaning the track confused with spraying the track, because their excellent at cleaning the track. Ridiculous lines to get into the place because Bandimere will only let two women he trusts to take the gate money, and they get there when ever they feel like it, you got sporty in the tech shack singing let it rain let it rain let it rain. When John Bandimere comes out of the office he looks at the ground to avoid eye contact with every one. So I did all my testing in Kearney a 800 mile round trip, it was great until the owners of Kearney sent their kid to Bandimere's to be taught how to screw up a track. So now I race at Extreme raceway park, built by racers for racers, always prepped to the hilt, excellent racing surface, I couldn't be more happy there. And you Bandimere lovers, you can be sure Bandimere cashed out on this deal. Theres always Julesburg they will appreciate you there.

Last edited by HP HUNTER; 04-25-2023 at 10:43 AM.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote