HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #11
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: FWD Stockers can win

In this case, bracket racing and class racing are very different. I've had an issue with the spoiler breaking the finish line beam, even if I just *lift*. I put a stripe taker on the car (only about 1-1/4" tall... that's how close it is to tripping the beam!) Every time I'd hit the brakes or lift, I'd pick up .03-.04 and break out. The stripe taker made sure it tripped the same every time, but they're not legal in Stock. If anybody runs across the lower air dam for one of these cars, please holler!

Secondly, at the bracket race, I was deep staging. Had four lights in a row that were double-oh or teen. You're not likely to do that with this car shallow staged, as you'd have to count the tree, leaving between the bulbs. I think I've only deep-staged this car less than a dozen times, and have three wins with it. Shallow-staged, none. Unfortunately, deep staging is no longer legal in Stock.

Any reason why fast cars can use blinders, but slow cars can't deep stage?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #12
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,558 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
In this case, bracket racing and class racing are very different. I've had an issue with the spoiler breaking the finish line beam, even if I just *lift*. I put a stripe taker on the car (only about 1-1/4" tall... that's how close it is to tripping the beam!) Every time I'd hit the brakes or lift, I'd pick up .03-.04 and break out. The stripe taker made sure it tripped the same every time, but they're not legal in Stock. If anybody runs across the lower air dam for one of these cars, please holler!

Secondly, at the bracket race, I was deep staging. Had four lights in a row that were double-oh or teen. You're not likely to do that with this car shallow staged, as you'd have to count the tree, leaving between the bulbs. I think I've only deep-staged this car less than a dozen times, and have three wins with it. Shallow-staged, none. Unfortunately, deep staging is no longer legal in Stock.

Michael , The answer is, I think, NHRA: Saw fit to consult with some fast car racers and even allow them to vote on what slow cars should be able to do. I know, I sounds strange to me too.
IHRA: I seem to remember a few jack offs with RWD cars that would play staging games and not worry about there own race. Rather than deal with the guilty parties with about a year's suspension, they just banned the whole procedure. Seems like a chicken ***** way to go, but NHRA had already made the move at that time.
In my way of thinking, the banning costs the associations at least a few entry fees every year. Not a good idea in this day and age.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post

Michael try this site you can probably get the parts there.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/index.php
Old 06-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: FWD Stockers can win

Way to go Michael, I'm glad to read this, and I strongly feel that FWD Stockers can win, and GOD willing, I intend to prove it with my car...lack of funds and needed seat time to improve my driving skills, are the main reasons I haven't done it yet, and I've come close five times during the past 4yrs!. Besides just look back to either last years Div. 2 Sportsman Bracket Champ (Steve Stites)...he drove an early 90's Cavalier to that title (in a 7rd race to boot)!

I'm still chasing the notion of becoming the first winner of a national (or divisional) event (in Stock Eliminator), since the honorable "Mark Yacavonne" did it 24yrs ago, or the guy who won the last divisional race (in 1985) with a fwd car! Then my goal would be to become the first multiple race winner (as well as the first nat./div. winner this century), in Stock Eliminator history!!?? If you or someone else who's campaigning a fwd does it before me, then I'll definitely be sure to congratulate whoever you are, but a goal that I think is worth pursuing...I'm up for the challenge, are you...or anyone else out there that currently races a fwd Stocker? I think it's worth going for, just for being on the road less traveled!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 06-28-2010 at 07:27 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote