HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Ronnie Smith Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Filter Recommendations

I've seen them run both ways. When I had my car backhalfed, I ran all new wiring, fuel lines and bought a brand new cell with foam. I regularly checked it to determine if their were any pieces contaminating the system. My opinion is, if you take care of your "stuff" it should take care of you. With the fuel lines, I ran a single #12 out of the cell into a BG filter, directly mounted to a BG 400 pump. Out of the pump came #10 to the BG regulator. Out of the regulator with two #8's into Y block and out with a single #8 into the Q-jet. Maybe overkill with the size of lines, however, we wanted to make sure we had plenty of volume. We set the fuel pressure and forget it. We never had problems with erratic or spotty fuel flow. Regular maintenance of the fuel system seemed to work well.

The other recommendations sound great. I am not sure you can "over filter" your fuel for any foreign debris.

Good luck with the remaining season.

Ronnie, Jr.
Ronnie Smith Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 AM   #12
Jesse Knapp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Filter Recommendations

My car's fuel system was very similar to Mr. Smith's except I did not use the filter. I ran the #12 (11/16 i.d.) from the cell to pump (BG 400). From there to the regulator I used aluminum 5/8ths tubing, saving a bit of weight here. I used two #8 (7/16ths i.d.) lines to a Y block, then a fitting from block directly to Quadrajet. I was very concerned about volume more than pressure, what with the small bowl on a 207. I, too, set my pressure at 6 or 6.5 lbs. and never touched it again. I can say I never had any fuel problems.