HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
Steve VanderSloot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: top end braking

Kyle Koretsky, son of Pro Stock racer Kenny Koretsky, was unhurt in a top end crash at the recently completed Lucas Oil Divisional event in Dinwiddie, VA. Koretsky was racing Kyle Cultrera driving the Thomas Stalba entry in the second round of Super Comp when Cultera’s dragster swapped lanes and ran into the “Kid Chaos” dragster of Koretsky. Neither driver was injured in the mishap but both dragsters were heavily damaged. Koretsky, who had won the round, was unable to continue in eliminations.

“We had a great running car this weekend and we felt we could win this event”, said Koretsky after the crash. When asked if he would get the car back together before the next event in Bristol Koretsky replied “The dragster is pretty messed up with some heavy chassis damage, but I am going to get out there and see if I can get another car to race. We are in this for the points”.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
Valentine

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Both Kyle C. and Kyle K. are extremely talented drivers. The incident that happened may have been driver error, lack of experience, or like Chris stated possibly the conditions that played a part. Maybe it was a combo of all of these, either way I am sure everybody involved feels horrible for what happened. We all know that when you stage a race car anything can happen. I have seen the most talented of racers wreck cars. Whether it be mid-track, finish line, or ending up in the sand trap. I have seen former national champs smack cars up. The thing that confuses me is when someone that was not involved in anyway with the incident can come on a "class" racer forum and call someone an idiot. Maybe I am wrong and Mr Kendall knows Kyle and the Cultrera family well enough to speak about him like that. I wish all of the people involved the best of luck with this unfortunate situation. I am sure everybody has learned a tough lesson. Bryan

Last edited by Valentine; 05-07-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #13
ernie kendall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe i was wrong in calling kyle c an idiot. maybe i should have refered to the person who taught him how to drive an idiot. please excuse my reference to idiot but nobody supports drag racing more than me. i am perhaps in the last year of this sport and to see accidents like this mabey it is time to pack it in when winning a round is more important than driving safely. i only hope all learn from this.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
RED CORVETTE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well first ernie,i will deal with you at the track! no need for everyone to see what they are going to hear at the track! this is unbelievable what i am reading. first i didnt teach or tell kyle to hit the brakes at top end. it takes a long time for someone who has never raced a car to learn how to drive top end! he did it on his own and was very upset and apologized.
second its no ones business about the deal i have with the cultreras you people who run their mouths should pay attention to your own deals......maybe you ll do better. kyle will be back in a 2008 undercover car in about 8 weeks.for kyle k. its an unforunate situation, as all 2 car crashes are.............we all take risks when we get into a race car.he made a mistake and kyle and his family are very upset.he will not do it again.
so enough is enough and if you have anything else to say say it to my face,because if i see another negative post i will be in your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is not a threat its a promise
Old 05-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #15
ernie kendall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tom i am very dissapointed in you. i would have thought better of you than to attack me like this. i have always had alot of respect for you however what has been said as been said. at no time did i reference your name in regards to this. if i have affended you i apologize. i too hate to see any kind of accident at the track. i will now log off this sight never to return
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 183 Times in 79 Posts

A racing accident is a very unfortunate situation........ LUCKILY in this incident, both young drivers were fortunate enough to walk away........ I have seen one too many where this was not the case....... the bent metal and broken parts can be repaired or replaced........ lives can not........

I can see Ernie's point where braking accidents are preventable....... BUT, that comes with a driver's maturity and experience........ everybody has to start somewhere and learn as they go....... and they have to pay attention to those experienced owners/drivers that they are working with and not the BS on how to drive that most young, impressionable, drivers hear in the pits....... they should also know that almost all "GOOD" drivers will not give up info on how they drive.......

I also agree with Tom that a deal between owner and driver is just that, between owner and driver....... no one should assume that a driver is always on a free pass....... I've driven for various teams and can tell you all, there is nothing free about it....... hook up with me in the pits some time if you have any questions about deals........

Now, with all that being said, my original idea was just to say that what's done is done and this is a time for calmer heads to prevail........ let's all move on and enjoy what we love to do........ RACE!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #17
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well we have some heated words on this subject don't we....................................

first off i'm very sorry that this had to happen. i'm sorry that property was destroyed. but thats as far as i go. as has been stated here. we all take risks getting in the race car. for me, its when i'm the 4th pair, i give one our father prayer. after the burn out and before staging its a quick sign of the cross. i'm sure everybody has there thing. BUT, its still dangerous we know it.

i have lived this myself, i will call myself an idoit. but, like others. don't call others names unless your prepared to lay hands on them. because no-one likes it. my crash occured at atco about 4 years ago. no one got hurt except my car. i was also scared to death and haven't raced a .90 race since. though i have bracket raced i am yet to step on the brake like that again. so i have learned my lesson if you will. but, i know that i must learn better use of the brake.

before my crash i was fearless. i would step on that thing as hard as i could. sure i knew what could happen. but, it never did, so it seems like everytime out i steped on it harder and harder. then i decided to try something different. full throttle and braking at the same time. that got me in trouble. so now i'l try the wap-wap method when the time comes.

as for how i learned. i was always told if you step on the brakes. step on them frimly. so what does that mean????? well i guess i didn't know. since while i was dragging the brake then stepping firmly on my brakes both front tires locked up and blew out. frankly i was lucky. but i learned. or at least i hope i learned. i'm sure the first time i lose because i was afraid to step on the brakes. its only a question of time before i go down that road again.

as for how to stop it. i think you don't. if your in the other lane and i crash up into you. well i'm sorry and thats racing. it could of been the other way around. i'm sure everyone has had some kind of scare. but if you really want to fix it i think the result would be boring. but, it is a recommended solution. that would be that your mph must be plus or minus a certain number (whatever that might me) from all your time shotshot runs, or you lose because of excessive braking to get the win. kind of a reverse breakout. now this must be in a close race since hard braking will not happen if the guy is way back thanks to a poor dial in or bad reaction time

sorry for taking up so much time those are my 2 cents.

Carlos Mendes
Old 05-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
RED CORVETTE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ernie You Didnt Show Any Respect With Your Post Especially When You Called Me An Idiot! I Teach Kyle What To Do I Actually Cant Make Him Do What I Say!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 183 Times in 79 Posts

AGAIN!!!!........... the best thing is to put this to rest.......... everybody can say "SHOULDA, COULDA, WOULDA" but it won't change anything.......... we can all say " Holy crap, I almost crashed the car"....... or " I can't believe I did that and crashed the car"......... doesn't matter........ what's done is done........ let it go........ I'm positive that the car owners have already been in contact and things will be fine.........

There have been some harsh words in this thread and all that I would hope for is that both parties will decide to be the bigger man and act as gentlemen......I've known you both for a while and know that you are serious competitors......but I also know you both to be level headed adults...... I would hope that this issue can be discussed privately without the nonsense of dealing with who thought or said what........

See you guys at the Grove......... I will not have my cuffs and night stick........ but some will say that I'm better without them......... LOL!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #20
unknown1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yo Tom chill with the capitals i think i just got a headache!
Closed Thread