HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2009, 01:22 AM   #11
Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Ahfs

Dave, at races with no class only your fast`s run in qualifying and all the run`s in eliminations count on your average.Tom
Old 11-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #12
Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Dave, with 18 cars in B/SA there has to be more runs faster than .500 under the index, with my motor in my car 305 there are 4 cars and there is around 20 runs to average. Tom
Old 11-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
Dave Ficacci

Liked 84 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Moock View Post
Dave, with 18 cars in B/SA there has to be more runs faster than .500 under the index, with my motor in my car 305 there are 4 cars and there is around 20 runs to average. Tom
Yep, I think I had close to 60 runs to average..
Dave Ficacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

One more time..............

National events at non-corrected tracks only

If 2 runs occur in anything other than Class Eliminations that are more than -1.15 under the index for the half-year segment using the same engine, regardless of transmission type, a review is triggered. You have to use every run down the track to establish the average. If the first qualifying pass is the fastest than there will be no way to know what the other runs are. A qualifying sheet only shows the fastest pass of the event.

1...NHRA will look at ALL cars that use that engine (Auto & Sticks together) if average is quicker than -1.000 under the HP will be adjusted for all vehicles that run that particular engine regardless of body or transmission type. If less than -1.000 under the next phase starts.....

2...NHRA will look at ALL cars that use that engine in a particular class and if the average is quicker than -1.000 under the HP will be adjusted for all vehicles that run that particular engine with that specific transmission type.

If there is one car that runs the combo in, say A/S and that car only made 2 runs the entire review segment and both those runs are faster than -1.150 under, than ALL of the cars that run a similar body style (platform), with a STICK TRANS will get a HP revision of +1.25%.
The AUTO TRANS cars will NOT be hit.

In other words an AA/SA car can trigger the review, but after the review is completed the only cars with that combo to be hit will be the standard shift cars and the opposite also holds true that a stick car can trigger the review but only the automatic cars will be hit based on the CLASS (sticks or autos) average.

Hope this helps???????
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,570 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Carr View Post
Mike Jeffrey received HP based off of one National Event this year (Topeka in May). It's (as far as I know) a VERY fast, one-of-a-kind 225 slant six 1980 Diplomat V/SA. Q-1 was -1.265, C-1 (doubles as Q-2) -1.233, E-1 -1.205. He received HP, based on the only National Event that combination competed at. Before 2008, he would have received no HP penalty. Apparently, the rules were changed prior to 2009, with few, if any, of us, having knowledge of the rule change that one car at one race can receive a HP hit.
So ,what I've garnered so far is somebody at NHRA changed the rules in the middle of the game and no one knows who, when and why and doesn't want to do a damn thing about it .
Nice.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #16
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Mark,

Now you get it!!!!!

Get over it.......the new NHRA motto

Bob
Old 11-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
Jim Cimarolli