HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
west coast

Liked 131 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Is NHR Cursed or Something ?

I love when Dan Fletcher writes his column for digger because I dont feel as bad when thing go wrong, Drooze took it to a whole other level. Half the fun is just getting there. I saw Dion luck this last week end at Mission good thing it rained and had time to fix it. I have a friend that blows trailer tires where ever he goes not one but how many in one trip. Me new computer, weather station, pager none of it work properly this weekend at Mission, pages 7.668 in my 12 second stocker about threw it in the river that reminds me got to call Don. Its all just part of racing
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
perfect answer . Luck is the most important aspect of racing . Luck can win over any pro sportsman racer who is a better driver cause of more seat time and more practice or any other aspect of winning against another racer >
If your racing people like....Dan Fletcher, Peter Biondo, Anthony Fetch, Lee Zane,and quite a few others your gonna need all the luck you can muster because even with luck your probably still going to lose......They don't win because they are lucky.....sometimes yes, but most of the time they win because they know way more than you do about what is about to happen when they go down the racetrack against you.......and you will make the mistake that will cost you the win before they do
Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
Wade_Owens

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
If your racing people like....Dan Fletcher, Peter Biondo, Anthony Fetch, Lee Zane,and quite a few others your gonna need all the luck you can muster because even with luck your probably still going to lose......They don't win because they are lucky.....sometimes yes, but most of the time they win because they know way more than you do about what is about to happen when they go down the racetrack against you.......and you will make the mistake that will cost you the win before they do
I'd like to know the percentage of people who redlight against them and give them an extra time run....
Wade_Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Owens View Post
I'd like to know the percentage of people who redlight against them and give them an extra time run....
If you rely on luck to beat people like Biondo and Fletcher. You are in the wrong sport, You should take up horse racing or buying lottery tickets for a hobby.
It isn't their fault they get the red lights. They earned them.

Last edited by art leong; 06-02-2010 at 03:19 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #15
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 808 Times in 216 Posts

Rich : said "If your racing people like....Dan Fletcher, Peter Biondo, Anthony Fetch, Lee Zane,and quite a few others your gonna need all the luck you can muster because even with luck your probably still going to lose......They don't win because they are lucky.....sometimes yes, but most of the time they win because they know way more than you do about what is about to happen when they go down the racetrack against you.......and you will make the mistake that will cost you the win before they do "

What you are saying is partially true , just about evyone in any sport does Practice makes perfect and a person wins cause they practice more in what ever sport you are in . this is a given so how does a person beat a person who is really good cause he has more practice than all others , "luck " is the word big time . now on occassion a person can win with out luck but very seldom. Most racers know exactely how to win just like the touring pros racers ,but the touring pros practice more and win more based on facts . don't say if you think you are beaten you are that is for someone who does not know how to race or a rookie or what ever ,me personally no one can control my emotions ,I just need some luck . LOL Let the touring pros comments begin so they can protect their advantage that they know they have over all others with more seat time only.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #16
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It has been said, in drag racing you have a 50% chance of winning, once you pull it up to staging......hmmm, SO many things can happen from that point on.....PS, my neighbor has a blind cat that catches a mouse once in awhile.... WJ

Last edited by W J; 06-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #17
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Rich : said "If your racing people like....Dan Fletcher, Peter Biondo, Anthony Fetch, Lee Zane,and quite a few others your gonna need all the luck you can muster because even with luck your probably still going to lose......They don't win because they are lucky.....sometimes yes, but most of the time they win because they know way more than you do about what is about to happen when they go down the racetrack against you.......and you will make the mistake that will cost you the win before they do "

What you are saying is partially true , just about evyone in any sport does Practice makes perfect and a person wins cause they practice more in what ever sport you are in . this is a given so how does a person beat a person who is really good cause he has more practice than all others , "luck " is the word big time . now on occassion a person can win with out luck but very seldom. Most racers know exactely how to win just like the touring pros racers ,but the touring pros practice more and win more based on facts . don't say if you think you are beaten you are that is for someone who does not know how to race or a rookie or what ever ,me personally no one can control my emotions ,I just need some luck . LOL Let the touring pros comments begin so they can protect their advantage that they know they have over all others with more seat time only.
Don,I said it before and I'll say it again.It isn't only seat time.Some guys could get enough seat time to grow award winning hemorrhoids and still never win a race.The people who win the most have a total grasp on what it takes to win.Experience,knowing your car,weather conditions,car prep,finish line technique AND a little luck thrown in.
Reading your posts convinces me that when and if you have to race ove of these guys
you're likely to fold up like a cheap wallet.You wpould seem to be besat before you strap yourself into the car.
Back on topic,Chris,just keep going and try to cut out the distractions,especially living your life on here,and concentrate on making you and dad better drivers and getting the best feedback you can get on the car from those you trust.The rest will fall into place.If all else fails send Mandy to a course taught by Lee Zane and then turn her loose on NHRA stock eliminator.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 06-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 808 Times in 216 Posts

ED : I doubt it LOL .

You don't know me I want to run the touring pros cause i on occasion have some luck and that is the only way most racers can beat them and they are scared of luck lol cause it is always mentioned when some one beats them lol at Ed and me
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Ed, last year and the year before I had tons of seat time , but in a different type of car, TB and other items that well, DIDNT Translate as well as Id hoped, AND I got rusty on things I know NOT to do, Ive been caught "sleeping" at the wheel on 3 occasions just in testing because my eyes moved to a gauge I had more concern about than the tree.

I know these things, DOING them is a difference for me......

I dont like having to drive AND Wrench, its a distraction and I dont do both well, at the same time. So Im going to change that. I really could care less to drive once I get a record next to my name and for that the tree means nothing. So I am going to concentrate on what I do better of our little band of misfits and wrench. My dad is and always has been a better driver, hell hes better and always has been at pinball, video games and darts, and pool.....It took me 27 YEARS to Win 1 Game of Asteroids against him.

Truth is I enjoy wrenching more, thats probably why ive owned over 100 motorcycles in my life, I build em I tune em, Im bored.....Lather Rinse Repeat.

I would MUCH Rather Have the old man behind the wheel NOT CARING about the Mechanics and worrying ONLY about Driving, AND Getting the REQUIRED Seat time with this combo.

And have Myself wrenching and sweating bullets every time the car goes down, and being at the ready for a spare engine in the pit, as well as tuning, pouring over logs, while having Mandie, helping wrench, organizing, taking care of paperwork with / for the old man and figuring things out like the track lay and where scales are To me it seem like an efficent separation of duties. What is now, was not meant to be, I was not supposed to be driving, I didnt want to and somehow, I think because of the joint effort and lack of ability to make the car available in running fashion to our original drivers, well My Old Man said, well drive it, meaning both of , us and because of HIS sense of fair play, we somehow decided to alternate sessions ? I dont know exactly how it happened but weve done it before.....

So, the REFOCUS on my part is what I PERSONALLY fin Gratifying and Enjoyable.

I have Built MYSELF with My own 2 Hands an engine that its FIRST Pass went faster than Roy Johnsons car was able to in testing. I built a bullet that I believe with good reason can hit the 9's as is. For that to happen I need to concentrate ONLY on the car....not seat time, not locating scales and tech. People like Art Leong, and many other, but I know and have met Art and talk with him occasionally, he does it all himself, to me that is downright amazing, 1 man, ALL of it, from building his car, to treking, to well....everything.

Roys got a whole lot more money and resources than we do , and all ive got is my wits and my mouth, so to keep up with his car, and continue to exceed it. I think we can do it from a package perspective IF I am focused soley on the car, and dont care about driving it, and at events am not trying to do all the things I just dont/wouldnt ask my dad to do.

Make sense ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Don,I said it before and I'll say it again.It isn't only seat time.Some guys could get enough seat time to grow award winning hemorrhoids and still never win a race.The people who win the most have a total grasp on what it takes to win.Experience,knowing your car,weather conditions,car prep,finish line technique AND a little luck thrown in.
Reading your posts convinces me that when and if you have to race ove of these guys
you're likely to fold up like a cheap wallet.You wpould seem to be besat before you strap yourself into the car.
Back on topic,Chris,just keep going and try to cut out the distractions,especially living your life on here,and concentrate on making you and dad better drivers and getting the best feedback you can get on the car from those you trust.The rest will fall into place.If all else fails send Mandy to a course taught by Lee Zane and then turn her loose on NHRA stock eliminator.
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 654 Times in 209 Posts
Cool Re: Is NHR Cursed or Something ?

Quote:
perfect answer . Luck is the most important aspect of racing . Luck can win over any pro sportsman racer who is a better driver cause of more seat time and more practice or any other aspect of winning against another racer >
Would you rather be lucky, good, or so lucky you look good?
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote