Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: roller rockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7423 View Post
Roller rockers will only cause more breakage and oil downs, ( then will come a diaper rule). I am not in favor of the rule change, wish the money hungry bunch in Glendora would leave well enough alone.

How about a rule that would help the life of this sport? Something that would allow the next generation to enjoy drag racing.
Something that would keep the neighbors happy and make the tree huggers smile.

Put mufflers on your car and save a drag strip, maybe that would have saved my local track.
Yes because a Drag Strip right next to the Train Tracks that runs non stop is looking to put mufflers on the trains also.... Please thats not why Fontana got shut down it was just a route they were able to use, I dont see the NASCAR track right across the parking lot putting mufflers on, Do not get the muffler Rule going again !!! Please thats a joke if the track wants to implement a muffler rule they can it does not have to be a NHRA rule they do it at Sonoma on Wednesday nights if you dont want to race with mufflers wait till the weekend Summit races. Pretty simple
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Aceves View Post
Yes because a Drag Strip right next to the Train Tracks that runs non stop is looking to put mufflers on the trains also.... Please thats not why Fontana got shut down it was just a route they were able to use, I dont see the NASCAR track right across the parking lot putting mufflers on, Do not get the muffler Rule going again !!! Please thats a joke if the track wants to implement a muffler rule they can it does not have to be a NHRA rule they do it at Sonoma on Wednesday nights if you dont want to race with mufflers wait till the weekend Summit races. Pretty simple
Well Bob, it goes like this....................the neighbor that has them in court sued the railroad for noise and lost. He also had NASCAR in court and it got thrown out. Now its the drag strips turn.
NHRA will not require mufflers. Noise issues are with a track not NHRA. I realize that many "class" racers hate mufflers, I personally love them and I race at Fontana every time the gate opens in brackets or a NHRA race. It is the only track we have in the LA area. If thats what it takes then wear a pair of mufflers...........................or take up some other sport because this one will be history around here.
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #13

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch man View Post
keep ur mufflers we dont care ur car looks slow anyway!
Thank God you don't care, I was very concerned over your approval clutch boy.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lightbulb Re: roller rockers

no matter what anyone does it will never be enough people will complain just get use to it.
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #15
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7423 View Post
Well Bob, it goes like this....................the neighbor that has them in court sued the railroad for noise and lost. He also had NASCAR in court and it got thrown out. Now its the drag strips turn.
NHRA will not require mufflers. Noise issues are with a track not NHRA. I realize that many "class" racers hate mufflers, I personally love them and I race at Fontana every time the gate opens in brackets or a NHRA race. It is the only track we have in the LA area. If thats what it takes then wear a pair of mufflers...........................or take up some other sport because this one will be history around here.
Well Charlie, Maybe you should re read your original post because it does say maybe a RULE !! to me that sounds like trying to get the muffler rule going again ? but then again maybe you were not around when they went that route and caused a whole bunch of drama. And if im not mistaking there is more than one track within a reasonable driving distance in L.A , Listen we all on the west coast have Track issues and mufflers is not the cure to keep tracks open, its to keep operating costs to a min during economic hard times and NHRA is sucking the life out of the local tracks during times when they should be doing everthing in there power to keep them going. !!
Ask Bakersfield and Sacramento why they dont hold a NHRA race anymore, and now they just add as many non NHRA events to there list they can and they will survive while we suffer with no races we can enjoy with friends and class type cars anymore.
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

how did a question about roller rockers turn into a bitchfest about mufflers?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #17

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bob Aceves, check your PM
Old 11-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
race watcher

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Which company will be the first to offer contingency for the use of there roller rocker? T & D is the only one listed in the Lucas Oil series for rocker arms.
race watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
SSGN

Liked 133 Times in 48 Posts
Wink Re: roller rockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
how did a question about roller rockers turn into a bitchfest about mufflers?
Classracer

Kevin
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #20
ron mattson

Liked 54 Times in 26 Posts

Any clarification from PRI. on this issue?