Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #11
SSTCamaro

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Wink Re: Only Wish It Was Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnfricke View Post
Thanks Pete ......you're right, I was hoping I could get in and still make that Thursday timeshot.

Tommy, LOL.....let me know which therapist you are seeing, this way when the shoe is on the other foot I will know where to turn! Oh, and I will be running H/R.

Thanks, Shawn
Shawn, I guess a .900 was a shot in the dark too, huh? LOL

So now your coming up to Epping? This should get interesting..........

DeVita Racing
SSTCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Only Wish It Was Me.

Hey guys!
Was trying to get Shawn to leave his car in Atco - no such luck! He wants to beat up on us some more!!
Tommy - I may need that therapist soon also!! By the way, that grandson of yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Last edited by Lynn Hoosigian; 08-07-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: miss spelled
Lynn Hoosigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
shawnfricke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL....Pete the truth is that the 10.900 was a guess at an 88. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Shawn
shawnfricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #14
SSTCamaro

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Cool Re: Only Wish It Was Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnfricke View Post
LOL....Pete the truth is that the 10.900 was a guess at an 88. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Shawn

anyday Shawn.....anyday!

See ya this weekend! I'll show you where the best seafood is in New England!

DeVita Racing
SSTCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #15
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Only Wish It Was Me.

shawn, my name is carlos mendes. i'm very happy for you and thanks for your story. i'm further embarased for not leaving my name. after they changged the format i didn't even notice that the "signature" didn't follow from the old system. so in the future i must remember to post my name.

as for ned 890........ i had something to say and thats how long it took to say it. i'm not embarased to say that. you should not give your 2 cents unless asked or have something to say of value. not to me but to yourself. what do you care if it takes 25 words or 100 words. and unlike you, i came back and posted my name. i am a wanta be racer i admit that. i may never achieve my goals as i have done in other areas of my life, be it a stoned baseball player, or a carrar navy submariner, or the auto retail industry. but, my heart is in. i want it. only time and to some degree money stops me. but, i'm not dead yet and there is still hope. i have nothing against you, and how could i. but, to make a statement about me. is just wrong.

as for your comment about jason, i met him one time at e-town during the national event. he probally dosn't even remember. but, i know he would remember the event because he had a pit spot to die for on the black top. he is a fine young man, and very likeable.

as for anyone who cares. my 427 small block is done. but, i'm in the market for a new job. so toyota is out and it looks like nissan might be in. but, i don't have that gig yet. so if i'm very lucky i may get a few laps in testing at e-town and just might make one or two divisional events. if not. well. i'm not dead yet.

so everybody else, i'm sorry for this rant for lack of bettter words. but, it just pissed me off. and i will get over it.

carlos mendes
s/st 1739
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZMANRACING View Post
as for your comment about jason, i met him one time at e-town during the national event. he probally dosn't even remember. but, i know he would remember the event because he had a pit spot to die for on the black top. he is a fine young man, and very likeable.

carlos mendes
s/st 1739
Thanks for the compliment Carlos. And don't worry, I DO remember meeting you. If I remember correctly though that wasn't much of a memorable weekend, as I believe that was the year I got that sweet pit spot after being parked in the stones and moving to the Top Alcohol pits. From there, bad went to worse as I started chasing what I thought was an electrical problem, which now appears was two broken valve springs. But I digress...

As for NED Racer, don't bother trying to get him to post his real name. He won't do it. But, he did offer to meet me in person and to give me a frosty beverage at the next event that we're both at. I wonder if there's any chance that he'll be at Epping this weekend...Anyway, I would just plan on doing the same thing with him Carlos, assuming NED Racer is a him (it could be a her!)

Regardless, I hope to see you out there soon Carlos...
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #17
NED Racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: Only Wish It Was Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
Thanks for the compliment Carlos. And don't worry, I DO remember meeting you. If I remember correctly though that wasn't much of a memorable weekend, as I believe that was the year I got that sweet pit spot after being parked in the stones and moving to the Top Alcohol pits. From there, bad went to worse as I started chasing what I thought was an electrical problem, which now appears was two broken valve springs. But I digress...

As for NED Racer, don't bother trying to get him to post his real name. He won't do it. But, he did offer to meet me in person and to give me a frosty beverage at the next event that we're both at. I wonder if there's any chance that he'll be at Epping this weekend...Anyway, I would just plan on doing the same thing with him Carlos, assuming NED Racer is a him (it could be a her!)

Regardless, I hope to see you out there soon Carlos...
Jason, Carlos,

That Frosty beverage is still available.....however I will not be in Epping. I do know many people will be attending, not me. Some Bracket Racing is overdue for me this weekend. Carlos, the same for you when I see ya at the track I have an ICE COLD BEER for you too. I am not trying to "piss you guys off" I am merely pushing the ball busting button. I think I am merely pointing out the obvious (long winded speaker). Will either of you be at Cecil County, Englishtown, or Atco's Divisional this year? I will bring the Beer!

People who come to the track regularly already know who I am, and the people who do not come to the track DO NOT. Come to the track and join the crowd.
NED Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #18
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Sorry to hear you won't be at Epping NED. I was hoping I'd get the opportunity to meet you. As for when we will finally get a chance to meet, I'm just not sure. I was at the chassis shop earlier today, and they're just starting to put the tin in it. They expected it to be done in the next week and a half, but there's still a TON of work to do after that. I'm not giving up hope just yet, but my debut this season very well could be the Dutch Classic...Sigh...

And no worries from me. I know I'm long winded, and I know where you and I stand. You've got to be OK if you've invited me to come meet you in person, and offered me a frosty beverage!

I'll let you know how Epping was...
Old 08-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #19
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ned

i know you were just busting balls. i just didn't want to hear it. as for the beer thank you and i will look forward to meeting you and the others. some i hope will remember me, thats assuming that they to are still racing.

as for when i'll be back is a hard question to answer since i'm about to change jobs. but, i'm not very happy about it. i haven't lost my job. its just one of those things in the retail auto industry that we know has to happen. i'm going from a nice layed back store which sells about 100 toyotas a month. to a ***** house saling 250 a month. sure it will pay very, very well. but i will not be home until late at night and i really don't know how they would feel about taking weekends off to go racing. after all in an industry where the weekends make the month. why would they want me. so i'll have to play it by ear.

the good news is that the little small block that could (427 cu in) is ready paid for and waiting to get put in. there probally will not be much if any divisional stuff for some time. so it will be brackets at englishtown on sundays (when they do race, maybe twice a month) and tuesday nights at atco for the gamblers race.. i still hope for one day racing at the national event. hopefully 4 or 5 more years of this saling bull****, then i'll just take an easy job at some auto parts store since then i will not need the money. at least i hope.

thanks for everyones time, man i do miss it.

carlos mendes
1739s/st
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote