HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #11
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Re: question for the 90 guys and gals

and worry about how to make nationals 3 day events....so we all can go to them...without unlimited vacation....

CBS...

As usual Rock, you hit the nail right on the head, instead of this getting more cost effective, it seems to be going the other way.
If NHRA wants to "Enhance the Sportsmans experience", they should try to figure out ways to help us cut some cost without affecting their bottom line, just aint gonna happen tho.

Gary
GaryGoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #12
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: question for the 90 guys and gals

Lets talk this one up....I think we need to come up with solutions..They already do it at some of the races now...Indy is probably not an option...or maybe vegas....but certainly many of the others are....

Our 2nd favorite magazine DRA is hosting a sit down at the PRI show...so any one that puts their 2 cents in....should touch on this subject....I guess we need to find out why it isn't done as much as possible now....so we can suggest a solution....

This is really the number 1 issue I have...

Don't worry Carl....it was my partners idea...I'm not really smarter than I look

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
bmac

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: question for the 90 guys and gals

CBS your right again and win the five bonus points. I remember close to 20 years ago wondering why all the fans left the stands during super gas and that was when many cars pulled big wheelies and stopped down track where the fan couldnt notice the stop doing its thing .Even then the fan didnt understand why the race car that went an .89 didnt beat the car going a .90. We've all done a poor job explaining our class and promoting it.

As far as three day nationals at NHRA that would be to good to be true but there would be a very limiting factor if it happened. So many more racers would be able to compete at these events it would likely take the grade point requirement to at least a five or more. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE usually is. Speaking of points meets look at the new schedule with all the possible positive changes that could have been made they changed nothing.I really liked the ideas posted on DRAG RACING ONLINE but none were used.
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #14
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: question for the 90 guys and gals

Hey Rock - when is this "sit down" at the PRI show? Do you need to register or just show?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #15
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

email our favorite editor
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #16
SG1809

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree also that changing the Index time will create problems for some, budget wise and the way they have their car set up. As far as fans especially in the Division Races, the spectator count is almost non-exsistant. People go to the Nationals to see the big guys. Maybe if the announcers at the Nationals took the time to explain what we do in a little more detail more people may have of an interest. Also bring back the .400 tree at the Divisionals.
SG1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #17
Mean Machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's my 2 cents. The general public knows very little about sportsmen racing from bracket racing to super class racing. They go to the national events to see the pro's. The people I encounter that ask about my racing ask the question 'Is that one of those cars that blows up or blows over?', so we will never see much spectator activity in the stands for our classes. We should be happy to have the oppurtunity to compete on the same grounds as the pro's, if anything, we should be working towards getting the payouts where it's worth spending several day's for a national event or divisional event. I enjoy running the national & divisional events, but personally, I can make more money bracket racing for less entry, driving & time.

So my opinion is not to lower the index but to increase the payouts for national & divisionals to make it worth the sportsman's time.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree,lower the index's
s/c 8.00
s/g 9.00
s/st 10.00
Most s/c can run7.90or faster!
most s/g can run in the 8's even some s/st HAHA
and 10.00 is the cut for all the rules pants,neck coller,gloves etc.
also it may attract new racer's that can race without buying all the stop stuff.
Move up to the present date and lets go fast!
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
Jason Kenny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What would changing the index's really accomplish? Less time on the stop is more appealing to fans? If I'm on the stop for 2.5 seconds or 1.5 seconds, does it make a difference to fans?

If you lower the index's, all you're doing is raising the cost and perhaps eliminating a few of the slower cars.
Jason Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: question for the 90 guys and gals

OK - my $.02. I love to race. Will do 4 days at Nats or Divisionals!!
No matter what the index is, the average spectator still won't understand throttle stops. When we were at E-town for the nationals, a few spectators came to our pit area and asked about our type of racing.
Tom explained to them the concept and told them to watch the sportsman races from the top end. He told them this is where they will see all the "action".
They came by after the races and thanked him. Said it was the best time they had at the races in a long time and that the sportsman racing was great!!
We need to educate the fans, as it doesn't seem like NHRA is doing it!!