HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2023, 07:23 PM   #11
GTS340

Liked 1,077 Times in 338 Posts
Default Re: West Coast Stk/SS Combo

I wonder if Anita Perri is available here to operate the scales.

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #12
GTS340

I'm fine with heads up if most are in. With scales and a honor system. We all know who's fast. You can have a gift bag for the heads up losers. I'm hoping for the meal on Friday again.

Paul Haszlauer.
Liked
Old 01-23-2023, 08:41 PM   #13
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

any word on the payout structure? does it pay down or is winner and runner up only?
Old 02-02-2023, 12:23 AM   #14
mikeloge

Liked 113 Times in 33 Posts

I think if heads up are run, then you should qualify off e.t. Just my thought.
mikeloge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 12:58 PM   #15
GTS340

We need a person in the tower Maybe someone before we qualify. Verify classes of each car so that person has a heads up. You can get Paul Wong to tech but ole eagle eye doesn't miss anything.

Paul Haszlauer
Liked
Old 02-02-2023, 02:11 PM   #16
DG

Liked 324 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloge View Post
I think if heads up are run, then you should qualify off e.t. Just my thought.
This will be one of the very few races this year that we can run the cars fast without potential penalties, lets qualify off the indexes. Heck, if we could qualify with the tree staggered off the indexes that would be even more fun. Association races are supposed to be for the fun.

There are so many AA, A and B stock cars in division 7 a Top Stock class Friday would be cool. It would probably draw a few more cars out of hibernation like Mark Madison and Don Little.

Last edited by DG; 02-02-2023 at 02:23 PM.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #17
GTS340

I enjoyed myself last year even with one nasty back ache and having Jimmy DeFrank first round. The whole deal the Painters put on is enjoyable. There is a car show, lot's a vendors for hotrodding. Swap meet with plenty of fans. We are treated like the big show when we run. Ussually are able to park as all one.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:20 PM   #18
DG

Liked 324 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
I enjoyed myself last year even with one nasty back ache and having Jimmy DeFrank first round. The whole deal the Painters put on is enjoyable. There is a car show, lot's a vendors for hotrodding. Swap meet with plenty of fans. We are treated like the big show when we run. Ussually are able to park as all one.
Paul I agree it was run very well and we had a good time last year as well. Really enjoyed the racer BBQ by PMR and hosted at the Theobald family pits. Many thanks to everyone that made the BBQ/event such a success. Looking forward to this years race.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-09-2023, 02:17 PM   #19
GrapeApe7575

Liked 332 Times in 72 Posts

I would like to add a few points of clarification for those who have posed questions regarding the upcoming Stk/SS Combo at Vegas March 17-19.

1. Tickets are available via TheFoat.com with a $300 entry fee. It is $320 if you purchase at the gate. Although we really need as many pre-entries as possible so the Theobolds can gather as many hot dogs as they will need.....but I caution you that the Foat has a strict no refund policy. If you pre-enter and suffer breakage or just a fit of depression after your KC Chiefs lose the Super Bowl you will not get your money back.

2. Although the Foat is very strict about their no-refund policy I also know that Phil Painter with Muscle Cars at the Strip is a thoughtful, racer friendly guy with our best interests in mind and I am confident if you have a legit issue he will work with you if you reach out to him.

3. The Thursday gate is open on Thursday until 8PM giving us plenty of time to travel on Thursday and still get inside before the closure.

4. There WILL be a cleanup run Saturday morning for late arrivals. After that we will go straight into elims on Saturday with the intent to complete the event on Saturday.

5. And finally, the issue with the most contention is the subject of heads up runs. The opinions seem to be equally divided among racers who favor heads up vs. those who would choose not to have to hop up their stuff only to get back to bracket mode in time for the next round. I kind of agree that on a one day race that could present a challenge.

It's going to be a lot of fun......lots of great fellowship among fierce competitors, and a pile of cash and stuff to make it worth your while.

See y'all there.
GrapeApe7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:43 PM   #20
GTS340

On that note I'll wait till at least after Phoenix Divisional before entering. The division 7 season sure is busy this spring. I'm ready except slicks. Kicking myself for not taking care of it before season ended. I hope Hoosier is at the division race in Phoenix.

Paul Haszlauer