HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-19-2023, 02:14 PM   #11
SuperStock fan

Liked 182 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Track Prep

I'm watching the Div#2 race on NHRA.tv and watching the track prep and I don't see a spray buggy going down the track with glue. I know there has been some rain of and on down there this weekend. Some the classes require more track prep than others like Top sports man/Top Dragster and comp. One would think the NHRA and Track owners would meet in the middle on a good track surface.
SuperStock fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:54 PM   #12
BigBlockBill

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Track Prep

[ Can tracks start trying to pack more spectators in and not put the burden of revenue solely on the racers' backs? I've heard lots of these timing systems run on Intel 386 processors from the 80s and utilize hardware from that time period. I understand it is a very tough time to own a track, does NHRA subsidize any member track improvements or help them in any way?[/QUOTE]

Bobby brings up a couple of good points here that he brings up on his ewetoob channel as well. What can we do to self promote better to get more people in the stands to see #thecarshow? Maybe talk to the instructors of the local high school shop teachers (all 137 schools that still have autoshop classes) about maybe bringing a car or two into the shop to let the kids see whats out there other than all the N2O and turbo crap they see on TV anymore. Maybe a few stock or superstocks at a car show near you on weekends you aren't racing would stir some interest especially since people don't see race cars of any sort on open trailers anymore just generic white boxes going down the road.

As for equipment costs the tracks inter is a lot worse than I ever imagined it to be. Our local track, the former Spokane county raceway was recently bought by the local Indian tribe and they have been doing what they can to bring it up to proper operating conditions after the past few operators for the county took the money and ran for the most part. They had to invest in all new timing/scoring and the prices that were mentioned were high enough I don't know how they will ever make enough to pay for it.

Maybe we are at the point with all the electric cars that WE are the last generation for this sport, sadly.

Last edited by BigBlockBill; 03-19-2023 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spellcheck let me down
BigBlockBill is offline   Reply With Quote