HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #201
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

You guys who want to change this rule are nothing but mamby pambies that are trying to find another crutch to try and win a race in spite of your lack of talent.What next?I heard a few guys saying that when Dave Thomas painted his Corvette flat black that it was because the slower guys couldn't see him coming up on them at night.So now let's see,nobody can paint their car that way,it's an unfair advantage.It's all bull$hit.If you don't think you're competitive under the present rulles structure go and beat up on the kiddies at a go-kart track.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #202
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7423 View Post
I kinda doubt it. Emmons and Helms are experienced enough racers to realize that they do not need an excuse for the fact that they were red and lost.
But did the other car have a chance to lose via a red light, too?

If not, they got screwed, whether they know it or not. EVERYBODY needs a chance to red light... everybody. If not, it's a stacked deck.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #203
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
So, people complaining on this message board got that changed? Care to tell me what year that took place?
Have I EVER said that posting about this subject on Class Racer, would result in this rule being changed?

No.

And, I don't believe it will, but it WILL put the idea of how unfair this first red light rule is, out for perusal (look it up, Ed) so that those who think about it can make an informed decision. That is the value of this message board.

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 AM   #204
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Zlatkin View Post
Bill Dedman; Please know, I agree with you completely.
Thank you, Bobby. I think that anyone who really thinks the two protocols through could not help but agree that this unfair situation under which we race, could be improved upon. Getting them (NHRA) to make the software change will be the hard part.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:54 AM   #205
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
You and everybody else who has read through this looooong and drawn out subject know my thoughts on this subject.What annoys me the most is that if the rule is changed in S/SS racing it doesn't affect you at all.If you want this rule changed for something that directly affects you then go on all the bracket racing sites and go to the top of the mountain and rage for all you're worth.
I don't go on NASCAR sites and tell them I think having foreign car makes in NASCAR bites.Because it does.It's their deal and they do what they want.
And besides who gives a flying flock what I have to say?
Ed wrote: "What annoys me the most is that if the rule is changed in S/SS racing it doesn't affect you at all."

It affects me in exactly the same way it affects you.
IT AFFECTS ME IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY IT AFFECTS YOU!!!

When I am the first to leave at ANY Bracket race I attend with either car I take to the strip, wheen I am the first to leave, if I red light, the car in the other lane NEVER has his chance to red light.

Read that again.

That is 100-percent correct,

Now, tell me how the firat red light rule under which YOU race, doesn't afftect me, in exactly the same way.

PLEASE, tell me.

When you write things like that, it's obvious to me that you have, in spite of ALL THIS VERBIAGE, ~NO~ conception of how this works.

One more time; tell me how I don't get screwed the very same way that YOU do, when you're the first to leave, and you red light, handing the win to the other car, with him never getting HIS chance to red light..

Unequal treatment for the two cars.... and it's universal in handicap racing, NHRA Stock, Super Stock, Comp and generic Bracket racing, and it's the same for everybody.

So, you could imagine my befuddlement, when you wrote, "What annoys me the most is that if the rule is changed in S/SS racing it doesn't affect you at all." Oh yes, Ed, it affects me in PRECICELY the same way it affects you (and everybody else who is handicap racing.) If it didn't, I surely wouldn't be on this BB writing all these impaassioned pleas for something that wouldn't affect ME.
Believe it...

Still shaking my head....

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-01-2011 at 05:43 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 AM   #206
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
Nice Cars/engines Bill!
Thanks, Gary! Someting for a doddering old fool to amuse himelf with, in his dotage....
Old 05-01-2011, 04:10 AM   #207
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
You guys who want to change this rule are nothing but mamby pambies that are trying to find another crutch to try and win a race in spite of your lack of talent.What next?I heard a few guys saying that when Dave Thomas painted his Corvette flat black that it was because the slower guys couldn't see him coming up on them at night.So now let's see,nobody can paint their car that way,it's an unfair advantage.It's all bull$hit.If you don't think you're competitive under the present rulles structure go and beat up on the kiddies at a go-kart track.

How in equal treatment under the rules, a "crutch"??? We don't have it, with a first red light rule.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #208
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

Where are a few “rogue” track operators that will change their starting system to a worst foul system?

If you’re out there, just do it: Don’t tell anyone what you did, just do it. Be different. Be a trend setter. Be a leader.

Then, let’s listen to the bizarre excuse when someone whines because they fouled worse than their opponent and lost: “I know my red light was worse, but HE did it first!”

That will be right up there on the silly meter with “I know I broke out worse, but HE did it first!”

Who’s going to quit handicap racing when everyone has an equal chance to foul start?
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #209
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,079 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
Ed wrote: "What annoys me the most is that if the rule is changed in S/SS racing it doesn't affect you at all."

It affects me in exactly the same way it affects you.
IT AFFECTS ME IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY IT AFFECTS YOU!!!

So, you could imagine my befuddlement, when you wrote, "What annoys me the most is that if the rule is changed in S/SS racing it doesn't affect you at all."
Still shaking my head....

WRONG. And it is YOU that does not get it. YOU do not RACE in Stock Eliminator, nor in Super Stock. YOU do not drive a car, YOU do not own a car, YOU do not crew a car, you do not build or work on cars, in either class. Therefore, and to wit, rules in Stock Eliminator and Super Stock DO NOT EFFECT YOU.

Yes Bill, it really is THAT SIMPLE. And yet, you insist on trying to ram a rule change down the throats of racers you do not race with.

Ever wonder why you annoy others so much? You have your nose in their business, trying to make changes that DO NOT EFFECT YOU, to classes they race in and you do not.

It has been suggested to you dozens, maybe hundreds of times, that you propose your rule change as a racer, in your classes, at your track. But you steadfastly refuse to do so, you insist on constantly demanding that racers in other classes embrace your desire for a rule change in classes you have no actual vested interest in. You admit you're not going to race in Stock Eliminator or Super Stock, and yet you demand and insist that the rule be changed to suit you.

I may bracket race some, as a diversion, as part of a test and tune session, or something of that nature. But the one thing I will refuse to do is to demand that bracket racers change a rule to suit me. I won't even go on their section of the boards and talk about their rules, as their rules are no business of mine. And even if I do choose to bracket race at times, I do so under their rules, with the understanding that it is their world, and I'm just visiting.

No, Bill, Ed gets it, you do not. Ed is not demanding a rule change at all, never mind demanding a rule change in a class he has zero intentions of racing in. Think about it. Spend as much time and effort obsessing over that concept as you do the red light rule. One day, even you might get it, you might grasp the concept. I won't hold my breath waiting.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #210

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Amen..........
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote