HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #2361
bigsixman

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Parris View Post
The Schild book is available from Mancini Racing, hope it's ok to post a link.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/19dabahessau.html
Thanks Jack for the heads up on the book. Much appreciated.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #2362
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stasko View Post
Not sure why you are showing me hostility. You asked a question, and got your answer. All I did was quote the larger photo. I did not mean to offend anyone.

I will go back to lurking and keep my info to myself from now on.
It sounded that way to me too. However, Danny cleared things up so that's not the case. Anyway, here's a larger size photo of picture in question:

M68
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #2363
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
It sounded that way to me too. However, Danny cleared things up so that's not the case. Anyway, here's a larger size photo of picture in question:

M68
M68,, thanks for covering my back side,,, I appreciate it.
Let me address this "hostility" thing right here and now. I said there was no offense taken and I meant it. That being said,,, we all know there are many contributors on here and many other forums that post literally thousands of photographs for our enjoyment and/or education. I believe for the most part, everyone is pretty good at acknowledging where the posted photos come from. Some are from magazines or newspapers and other sources and of course, many are from personal collections that have been put together from decades of shooting action at the tracks.
I know that there are many of my personal photos out there in "interspace", and occasionally some will show up here in a given thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to, and I'm okay with it.
If I post a photograph that I didn't take, I will note who's photo it is,, a case in point, division 6 photographer Rich Carlson used to sell 8x10 glossies at car shows many years ago, and I bought dozens, they were so cool. If I post one of those glossies I always note its a Rich Carlson photo. However 99% of the pictures I post are from my camera from over 45 years, in my travels, of shooting drag racing. Its about getting it right, and I appreciate it when the other posters on here do their part to keep things straight. If someone points out a correction, and we see them on here from time to time, theres no hostility intended, at least that I can see. Its certainly nothing worth anyone getting their shorts in a knot about.. My 2 cents,, ( actually that was about a buck/ninetyeight)!
By the way,, I appreciate it when you guys can blow up my images, since I've yet to figure how to do that myself.
Danny Durham

Last edited by Geerhead55; 05-16-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #2364
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
M68,, thanks for covering my back side,,, I appreciate it.
You're welcome. Just telling it like it is.

Quote:
By the way,, I appreciate it when you guys can blow up my images, since I've yet to figure how to do that myself.
I didn't enlarge your photo, that's the size I downloaded from your Photobucket page:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e.png~original

Anyway, to blow up a picture you need an image editor. You can either buy the software, use pre-installed image editor program on your computer or use one of the web-based image editors. I like to use Pixlr. It's free, pretty versatile and has many special effects filters. Here's the link:

http://pixlr.com/

M68
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #2365
mopar68
VIP Member

Not sure if this photo was posted to this thread already (and I'm not about to go searching to see if it was).

M68
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #2366
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Original hemi dart information

I see there was a Dart at the Mecum auction, from Indy, on TV tonight. I thought I heard the announcers say it was a real one. It was around $115,000 when they rolled it off,, not sure if it sold. It was a kind of copper colored 4 speed car with Cragars. I didn't catch the history on it,, not even sure they elaborated on it. Maybe someone here knows something about the car.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #2367
sudsaroo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post

Any idea's whose B029 this was...
This car belonged to my Uncle Al Faretta of Altoona Pa. He and my father Mike Faretta owned Valley Motors which was a Chrysler Plymouth dealership. I remember Sox & Martin coming to the dealership to put on one of their Super Car Clinics. In the late 60's we had this Cuda plus the 340 Cuda from S&M. We also had their Hemi Road Runner and 440 GTX.
sudsaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #2368
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Mr. Sudsaroo,

That 68' Hemi Barracuda is a long leap from the 1965 273 Valiant

(Photo from 1966)

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 05-19-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #2369
sudsaroo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! You just made my whole week with this photo. I'm so happy I found this site. The Valiant was one of my family's first attempt to go into racing. But I have to tell you that I don't remember it ever being a 273. I remember it with a 440 and running in B/MP but understand that I would have been about 11 or 12 years old at the time of this picture. But for me, the real prize is seeing the man with his back to the camera. That's Bill McCloskey. beside his Stiles/Stahl Plymouth. He was always had fast cars, a chew in his mouth and he didn't mind throwing a punch if he felt it was called for. He worked for my dad and uncle as a mechanic when we had the Sox & Martin cars. Memories, memories, memories.......this is outstanding!
sudsaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #2370
bigsixman

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsixman View Post
Thanks Jack for the heads up on the book. Much appreciated.
I received my Schild book yesterday and I am impressed with the info in the book.