HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-07-2010, 02:18 AM   #231
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 693 Times in 269 Posts
Default Re: 2011 Stock/Super Stock Rule Changes

Hey Bill I'm a slow Super Stock car and it dosn't bother me. I've had the second guy redlite more than I have. What's the matter? Slow car drivers can't take advantage of the clean tree? Yes, it is an advantage to me to leave first. I've raced almost every way. Slow Stocker to A/ED. I can read the tree better and tell what kind of light I get without any distraction. That allows me to run the finish line the best way, the way I want to do it. Sit in an A/ED and watch some slower car move out on you and then you try to blow off the line with a 1 second sixty foot. I totally disagree with all your issues with the current system. I just think it is the mental thing that resides on a persons shoulders. With the issues you have with being the slow car you are probably beating yourself more than the other guy. Come on give it up. It is what it is, Has been and no one in NHRA is interested in changing it. It's not worth an more lip service. I've said my piece and I'll continue to race my way and with in the system we have, whether I leave first or last. I'm out of here!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 AM   #232
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 504 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dedman View Post
Yes, Adger, it's been screwing the first driver to leave for 40 years. Don't you think that's long enough? I do... and yes, we're so accustomed to it that it seems "right." Until you really think about it. Took me a long time to realize just how unnecesarily wrong it was/is.

"Isn't it usually your own fault for a redlite?" Absolutely, but is that any reason to deprive the guy in the other lane of his chance to do it even worse? I can't see why everyone shouldn't have the same chance to redlite. Do you? As it is, they don't.

If I am the first to leave, and I redlight, it is the fault of tthe CURRENT system that the second driver will never have his chance to redlight. Been that way for nearly 40 years, BECAUSE they didn't know how to fix it, for a long time.

That's no longer a valid excuse. Now, they know how.

Fixing this would be VERY constructive, and the fans in the stands would have no reason to be confused; only one redlight will show... the worse one, while the win light shows in the other lane. What's confusing about that?

Nothing.

Cut a good light in your lane and nothing else matters.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #233
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Yes, Adger, it's been screwing the first driver to leave for 40 years. Don't you think that's long enough? I do... and yes, we're so accustomed to it that it seems "right." Until you really think about it. Took me a long time to realize just how unnecesarily wrong it was/is.

"Isn't it usually your own fault for a redlite?" Absolutely, but is that any reason to deprive the guy in the other lane of his chance to do it even worse? I can't see why everyone shouldn't have the same chance to redlite. Do you? As it is, they don't.

If I am the first to leave, and I redlight, it is the fault of tthe CURRENT system that the second driver will never have his chance to redlight. Been that way for nearly 40 years, BECAUSE they didn't know how to fix it, for a long time.

That's no longer a valid excuse. Now, they know how.

Fixing this would be VERY constructive, and the fans in the stands would have no reason to be confused; only one redlight will show... the worse one, while the win light shows in the other lane. What's confusing about that?

Nothing.

Give it up Bill. It ain't gonna happen. Why? Because the guy who tried to get mufflers on Stock and SS would have been your only hope and he is long gone. Most will admit he was the best at getting unwanted changes accepted in the rulebook. Too bad for you and your idea...great for the rest of us.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #234
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Adger is my hero.
Btw, isn't there also a bracket racing section here for those guys? :-)

Last edited by Ed Wright; 11-07-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Ed Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #235
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Cut a good light in your lane and nothing else matters.
I assume you always do that, Mr. Carpenter?

What's your secret???
Old 11-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #236
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Adger is my hero.
Btw, isn't there also a bracket racing section here for those guys? :-)
Yes, there's a Bracket racing section, but I would imagine you realize that NHRA is the leader in race procedure implementation technology, and is the venue where racing procedures that affect ALL racing are the most visible. What that means is, until this change gets implemented by NHRA, it's not very likely to happen anywhere else.

That's why I am attempting to get awareness of this situation on this board, instead of a Bracket board.

It's nothing personal....

Last edited by bill dedman; 11-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #237
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Too bad for you and your idea...great for the rest of us.
"great for the rest of us"????

I hope you remember writing this the next time you're eliminated by the guy in the next lane who had a worse red light than you...

That makes no sense at all.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #238
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
"great for the rest of us"????

I hope you remember writing this the next time you're eliminated by the guy in the next lane who had a worse red light than you...

That makes no sense at all.
I will, and I stand by my original statement, if I go red, then I choked and don't deserve to win.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #239
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

"if I go red, then I choked and don't deserve to win."

What about the guy in the other lane?

He never had a chance to "choke"

What is fair about you having that opportunty, and the other guy never having to face it?

One set of rules for you, and another for him???

That is basically unfair, it seems to me.

If you can explain what is fair about that, please tell me. It is NOT a "level playing field."

It only works for an AA/S car; how many of them are there out there? They NEVER leave first...

Last edited by bill dedman; 11-07-2010 at 12:59 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #240
west coast

Liked 131 Times in 51 Posts

This thread was about the 2011 rule changes start your own thread on red lighting the worst so we all dont have look at it.
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote