Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #231
Spyphish

Liked 664 Times in 175 Posts
Default Re: Live from Jegs Cajun Sportsnationals-Belle Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Holt View Post
We went 1.15 60' with Stephen Hebert's SS/AH Cuda. Thanks for a great race Mr. Pat!!
Not only 60', that baby went 8.39 159.3 on the chip. Where was that Barton car when we needed it???

Maybe we can put together a Hemi race next year. Drama should be over in the Supercars by then. Thanks to all the NPR staff and Steve Kent for loaning me parts off his prostocker. It liked it! Stephen
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #232
MLP

Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
Not only 60', that baby went 8.39 159.3 on the chip. Where was that Barton car when we needed it???

Maybe we can put together a Hemi race next year. Drama should be over in the Supercars by then. Thanks to all the NPR staff and Steve Kent for loaning me parts off his prostocker. It liked it! Stephen
Wow, nice lap Stephen! Looks like your combo's coming around, best of luck this year!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #233
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post

Haha. Well we were just talking about the starting line, but I guess the whole run was ok, too.
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #234
mcm f stk 4052

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Jim, THANKS for the Pic, yep hope to be back out there racin, cooking, shooting da breeze !!! see y'all soon !!! MCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
We had a great time at Belle Rose as usual! Mother Nature was a factor. Some bits from the pits and our trip.
Our Nova enjoyed some great traction, but the headwind was brutal! Sunday was a different story with a tailwind!
I know there was a V10 car that set the record in pretty slow conditions. It was 1.25 under! Normal Belle Rose weather would have probably put it a couple tenths quicker!

We always come down to visit our racin buddies, Dave Crouchet and Mike Mayronne, Dave shows off his trackside culinary skills here.

Belle Rose is the only race I gain weight at!
Mike Mayronne showed us his soon to be returning 69 Z28 stocker! For you youngsters, yes 69 Z28s are Stick Only! (google it)

Other notes:
On test and tune, we needed to get some mods done to our traction bars. Jimmy Hidalgo opened his shop to us and let us use anything we needed to get going!

Kenny Bomar broke a mainshaft in his CC/S 69 Camaro. Charley Downing let Kenny borrow his spare and fresh Jerico to race this weekend! Kenny said he had his best et ever with it! Nice act of sportsmanship from Charley and Downing Racing for sure!

The weather on the way home was not great and some of the raod conditions were bad! We drove by Gateway near St.Louis. It was snow covered. Last year when I drove by the same weekend, they were racing!

mcm f stk 4052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 AM   #235
treekiller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

these guys (not pat) can pinch the copper off of a penny. they have lost alot of their regular saturday night racers who swore they would never race anywhere else and they lost the great american race which was like a mini vacation for some of us low buck guys who cant afford to travel and one of the few opportunities to run for decent money somewhere close. I am glad they stepped it up for you guys from around the country because some of yall traveled a long way and to not have a first class place to run at would be really uncool. I just hope they do something because bracket racing at no problem is dying and my car has been broken for awhile and i just got all my parts today and my car is going back together soon and i absolutely love no problem and dont want 1/8 mile races in mississippi and alabama to be my only options. Hopefully they pay attention to some of the feedback you guys are giving and spend a little money and the cars will come back and i pray they dont lose the sportsnats because it is a bucket list race for me.
treekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #236
treekiller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

by the way not bashing and my name is gene schmaltz jr.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #237
treekiller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

by the way when I grow up I want to be Larry hill
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #238
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,552 Times in 1,983 Posts

You might want to reconsider your choice. If you would consider (alphabetically) Biondo, Boertman, Fletcher, or Warren; this will guarantee: entry to all races, very stylish coats and hats, checks in the mail, and the number 1 on your car.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #239
treekiller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i am sure you worked very hard to get there but it surely appears that you have this retirement thing by the balls. kudos sir keep up the good work at the track and the live thread is highly appreciated by guys like myself who are living vicariously through you and miss patsy.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #240
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: Live from Jegs Cajun Sportsnationals-Belle Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by treekiller View Post
by the way when I grow up I want to be Larry hill
That's gunna take a lot of "growin"! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote