Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #261
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well it is a nice morning here in Denver. Not many racers have arrived since we got here on Monday. There have been no "Droozemobile" sightings yet. The only stock racers we have seen so far have been Dick Geary and Ronnie West. Dick is coming by this morning and picking us up to go to breakfast. We should be starting to park by noon today.

More later.
Pop, Keith, Myself, Mandie, Tonya, and 2 new guests to the NHR zoo are about 80 miles out....

My son David (aka Spongemonkey) and Kaylinn (Keith and Tonyas daughter) are along as well......with family and friends on both the Lynch and Wertman side coming in from SLC and other points west, I think we may indeed have the largest crew ever assembled for a Stock Elim car....should be interesting.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Cheers from NHR
Chris "Drooze" Wertman 3132 (F/SA 2009 Challenger Drag Pak #24 with a best of 10.59)
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #262
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

I've got to admit seeing you stand next to the Bonneville sign Larry makes me a little jealous. The salt flats has been on my To-Do list for a long time.
Have fun Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #263
Paul Merolla

Liked 232 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
I've got to admit seeing you stand next to the Bonneville sign Larry makes me a little jealous. The salt flats has been on my To-Do list for a long time.
Have fun Danny Durham
Danny, I would suggest moving that trip to the top of the list. My only regret after having gone there the last 4 years is that I can't afford to put a car together to race out there!! And by the way, regarding Larry's stocker...it's gonna need a hell of a lot more than 2-something gears to pass tech out there - starting with aftermarket seats!!
Paul Merolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #264
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: "Live" from the Western Swing

Thanks for the tip, Paul. You'd think that as a kid growing up in the 60s and getting my first models and car mags around 65', and being exposed to all of that, I would've made the pilgrimage to Bonneville's sacred groung by now, but it just hasn't worked out.
As retirement hopefully looms closer, I'm thinking I can find a way to get there. Never say never!
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #265
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 945 Times in 261 Posts

Larry & Patsy, it was nice getting to chat with you for a bit at Sonoma, as others have said, your Western Swing tour is one that many of us would love to do at some time. Compared to your adventure, my little 2100 mile round trip to Sonoma was, as Mark Faul called it, "a hop,skip,and a jump', but in a non A/C equipped 36 year old ramp truck, by myself, well the old "getting there is 1/2 the fun" motto doesn`t apply! Good luck at Denver, and you will always have the stories of your trip to share with your locals when you get home. Drive safe.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #266
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,550 Times in 1,982 Posts

Well we are inside and parked. I think Wallace felt sorry for us after having parked us in the dirt at Seattle, so we have a decent spot. It is not on the pavement, but it is on the hard surface. It started raining just as we got parked. It rained pretty hard for a little, but is just sprinkling now. Drooze and crew are here. Unless they are in good with someone from Mopar, they are probably down at the end. We will go out and about when it quits raining. Other stock and superstock seen: Scott Pearson and Steve Hagberg.

More later.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #267
Jim Whiteside

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Larry and Patsy:

Pauline, Jimmy and I feel like we are on Vacation with you. We are following every move of you western swing anniversary trip!!!

Jim Whiteside
Jim Whiteside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #268
Philip Saran

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
Larry, I noticed the picture of you at Bonneville. You should have changed the gear in the cuda to a 2 something and given it a try.
Larry,

You would not want to run your beautiful Cuda at Bonneville, the salt would
just eat up that nice car.

I've got a buddy who did take his street car there to watch one year and even
after alot of car wash spraying to clean it up a few years later the sill plate screws
rusted off.

He now recommends taking a rental car instead.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #269
Bobby Brannon

Liked 100 Times in 33 Posts

Larry, you and Miss Pasty are enjoying the GOOD LIFE. Congrat's. Thanks for all the pictures.. Have fun in Denver. Go down to Morrison to eat great food and neat town.

See you at INDY
Old 07-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #270
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Well we are inside and parked. I think Wallace felt sorry for us after having parked us in the dirt at Seattle, so we have a decent spot. It is not on the pavement, but it is on the hard surface. It started raining just as we got parked. It rained pretty hard for a little, but is just sprinkling now. Drooze and crew are here. Unless they are in good with someone from Mopar, they are probably down at the end. We will go out and about when it quits raining. Other stock and superstock seen: Scott Pearson and Steve Hagberg.

More later.
Larry & Patsy, are you two north of the final (truly the only) return road? Or are you just north of the e/t shack & weight scale? I hope you're in the latter and not the former, because otherwise you're in the dreaded "North 40", which is out of sight of all the action (even the shut down area).

If you take a picture of your surroundings, or ask someone (like Steve Hagberg), he'll say for sure if you are or not. If you are there, then I hope you're closer to the exit, and near the entry/exit road too, and be glad you have a pit vehicle, because you'll need it there...the manufactures midway is way down near the other end of the track.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote