VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 384 Posts
Default Re: LODRS at National Events!

I love racing class eliminations.
But folks that ship has sailed away
Nhra doesn’t give a .........**** about class eliminations
they have slowly cut back and fazed it out
We Are Not The Show. !....... Dan Fletcher quote
I would think Indy would definitely have class eliminations .
but once NHRA gets away with running class at Indy like they did. They will do it again
Also NHRA has bigger problems than us. They need live fans to make some$$$$

Let’s hope we as racers can continue to race a schedule as put out
Because the whole dam world is up it the air. Nothing guaranteed
Old 11-16-2020, 06:30 PM   #22
Mike Gray

Liked 525 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Not that I am disagreeing with you when it comes to the real estate being consumed by large RV's but that argument does not hold water when it comes to tracks like LV, there is a ton of empty space even at the largest events. Quotas at races like that should be expanded.
Not to mention the extra money that comes from camping fees. I don't remember ever paying a fee when I brought in my car on a flatbed trailer with my pickup. Not sure all the tracks charge the fee but it's probably heading that way.
Mike Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:41 PM   #23
Jim Hanig

Liked 97 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gray View Post
Not to mention the extra money that comes from camping fees. I don't remember ever paying a fee when I brought in my car on a flatbed trailer with my pickup. Not sure all the tracks charge the fee but it's probably heading that way.
Very few dont charge, the 2 tracks in SD charge you to leave your mh over nite.
Jim Hanig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:12 PM   #24
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,958 Times in 493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
I love racing class eliminations.
But folks that ship has sailed away
Nhra doesn’t give a .........**** about class eliminations
they have slowly cut back and fazed it out
We Are Not The Show. !....... Dan Fletcher quote
I would think Indy would definitely have class eliminations .
but once NHRA gets away with running class at Indy like they did. They will do it again
Also NHRA has bigger problems than us. They need live fans to make some$$$$

Let’s hope we as racers can continue to race a schedule as put out
Because the whole dam world is up it the air. Nothing guaranteed
And we're not going to Indy without class eliminations. Not a fan of running them at the Baby Gators rather than at the Gators either.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:35 PM   #25
Bill Bogues

Liked 169 Times in 52 Posts
Cool Re: LODRS at National Events!

Please don't give NHRA ideas about charging a parking fee for the racers.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:46 PM   #26
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts

Yet Indy gets 160 and Seattle gets 45 so that doesn’t hold water either Vega should get what Indy gets
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:44 PM   #27
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

As just a fan of class racer, part of the problem I see at nationals is dropouts. Too many times when I look at quota right before race, you will see quota 48 and only 44 entries. So gold card and past champions register and then do not go. This then hurts the quota the next year as NHRA sees only 44 entries and sets the quota there. Becomes a downward spiral.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #28
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,225 Times in 250 Posts

I actually like the baby gators class situation. The way the quotas have been jacked up, it is tough to get in for many at some of the national events. At least you can plan for the points meet class runoffs. Racing for class is fun and the fun part for me is the racing, not being lumped in as filler for the pros.

I think that NHRA could offer class as a separate race to enter st LODRS and make it work. Just make it an option to enter for an additional fee. It wouldn’t have to be that much more to make work work and would drive participation in stock and superstock. Heck, they could make it part of a test and tune day before the event if they wanted to. I am nit saying this is ideal, but it would allow people that are interested in performance a choice.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #29
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
I actually like the baby gators class situation. The way the quotas have been jacked up, it is tough to get in for many at some of the national events. At least you can plan for the points meet class runoffs. Racing for class is fun and the fun part for me is the racing, not being lumped in as filler for the pros.

I think that NHRA could offer class as a separate race to enter st LODRS and make it work. Just make it an option to enter for an additional fee. It wouldn’t have to be that much more to make work work and would drive participation in stock and superstock. Heck, they could make it part of a test and tune day before the event if they wanted to. I am nit saying this is ideal, but it would allow people that are interested in performance a choice.
I also like the Baby Gator situation. Like James said not everyone that wants to run the Gators can due to the low quota and the popularity and timing of that event. Lots of racer from other divisions come down to participate in the D2 races that start in February and run through the Gators We have 4 races in about 5 week time frame. 3 divisionals and 1 national event.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:19 AM   #30
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,958 Times in 493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I also like the Baby Gator situation. Like James said not everyone that wants to run the Gators can due to the low quota and the popularity and timing of that event. Lots of racer from other divisions come down to participate in the D2 races that start in February and run through the Gators We have 4 races in about 5 week time frame. 3 divisionals and 1 national event.
James and Mike, I agree with running class at a divisional BUT only if they did is as an addition to class at the national. I feel like once they replaced class run at the Gators it may never come back. Replacing the performance aspect of the class with a bracket race at a national event isn't for me.