HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #21
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts on Jegs All Stars...

Driving distances vary according to mileage. There is a lot of vacant land between the west coast and the midwest. Lot of miles to get through south FL and GA heading north. East coast not far but congested and rough.
Thought title sponsor selected site.
Personally I think Bradenton at the end of the year for a week. Great temps for December, beach close by, Disney/Universal around the corner.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA. We need to race and enjoy
Old 12-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #22
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,026 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Vincent View Post
Jegs All Star Race should be a 4 day race in Topeka on Memorial Day weekend. That is the weekend Topeka was on for years. Centrally located, huge tech buildings for tear down, all cement parking. Memorial Day gives racers a travel day back home and/or a rain date.
Almost always tradition in D1 to have Maple Grove on Memorial Day Weekend here, I mean could change but, it's like everything in the world - Death, Taxes and Racing at MG on Memorial Day Weekend for us in D1
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #23
J.R. Haddad

Liked 898 Times in 203 Posts

While there are some great ideas on this thread on where the All-Star Race should be held, lets review this. Would you run it with the Sports-Nationals,
if I were Jegs, I wouldn't. They are already throwing a ton of marketing dollars at that event, they would not receive many more impressions on customers for all that extra money. There marketing dollars at that race will reach 90% of their intended audience. Adding all the All-Star Marketing might move the needle to 92%, not worth it.
If the next two choices were Topeka and Dallas, from a marketing point of view, Dallas with the 10-12 day event gets my money hands down. That's
my marketing point of view.
From a racer point of view, we ask sportsman racers to travel more miles than most F-1 teams. Somewhere around St. Louis is the middle. Maybe each Class can raise 50.00 or so from all the racers and we can help our reps get there a little easier. J.R.
J.R. Haddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:27 PM   #24
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,026 Times in 312 Posts

I know D7 does something in the .90 Categories in a "Run for the Pot" like a Calcutta where 50% goes to the winner and 50% goes to the JEGS AS Team to help them out. I believe the Rep from each previous year's team is in charge of going up and down the lanes and collecting to cash.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:06 PM   #25
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 877 Times in 196 Posts

St. Louis
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:21 PM   #26
Blackgar

Liked 37 Times in 14 Posts

St. Louis still favors the north east!!!!!!!!
Blackgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:04 AM   #27
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackgar View Post
Works for me. It either needs to be at Ennis or Topeka to be central for most of the country. Just curious how many of you folks that are doing the griping have actually been there for that race. It’s been years for us but the 28hrs from San Antonio sucked. I can’t imagine coming from California or south Florida. Should have been placed more central years ago
How would anybody “gripe” about a facility they’ve never been to? I’ve been there and the descriptions are spot on! The track, starting line area and concessions area are nice, the pits are a dump! I commented on a different thread, how can you have the most prestigious sportsman race at a track owned by someone who obviously hates sportsman racing, as is blatantly evident by the condition of the sportsman pits???
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 11:20 AM   #28
GTS340

Liked 1,074 Times in 335 Posts

Someone should do a video of the pits. I've personally have never been there. A picture to compare to the adjectives used might help get some attention.

Paul Haszlauer
C/SA 7019
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #29
Dale Hulquist

Liked 349 Times in 74 Posts

The pits have a very similar appearance to the lunar surface of the moon , just a little worse... And I have been to the track many times.

Last edited by Dale Hulquist; 12-22-2022 at 11:45 AM.
Dale Hulquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:24 PM   #30
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
Someone should do a video of the pits. I've personally have never been there. A picture to compare to the adjectives used might help get some attention.

Paul Haszlauer
C/SA 7019
I was there fore the first time this past October. I can still vividly picture Super Comp runner-up Kyle Secrest driving to the lanes for R3. It was like a scene from a Mad Max movie - a dragster driving toward me through the desert, with a massive dust cloud in tow.

My Super Street car was immediately covered when I took it out, and it was still completely caked with dust when I put it back in the trailer.

Even Pro Mod and Factory Stock Showdown cars were parked in dirt. It's awful.