HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

I absolutely love Super Comp racing but I believe (and I think most racers would agree) that big MPH (170+)cars (Big $$) do have an advantage over their 155 MPH competitors (this it true to some extent in all the super classes) It’s a similar situation as the one that exists with Bracket Dragsters vs. the Bracket Door cars the playing field is tilted in favor of the faster guys( if you don’t think so, take look at the motor sizes for 152 car S/C entry list for Indy) and I believe that since we now have a fast bracket dragster and door car classes (Top Dragster /Top Sportsman) it’s time to fix the super classes (including Super Comp) and we can do it by simply eliminating throttle stops and throttle stop timers and go back to a fixed stop this will have us racing side by side from start to finish slow the cars down to a near equal MPH.
It will also make Super Class racing more affordable and easier to get in to (You won’t need a 567 or 632) and it would be safer as you won’t be trying to apply 1000 HP to the track 3-4 seconds after you leave the starting line.
Sit with a novice fan as they watch the super classes race they will tell you they think it looks stupid and you know what, they are right! We super class racers know why it’s like it is but we tend to ignore or accept it rather than change it.

Super class racing is gradually getting finically out of reach for the average “Joe six pack” and if we don’t change the way we do things our numbers will continue to dwindle at the local level and eventually the national level.
We have a great sport here but we need to make it grow and bring new people into it to continue.

Your thoughts???