Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #21
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Drooze

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooze View Post
Pacifica == Grade Point, mission accomplished.

My Truck wasnt in the Guides and Stewart was gracious enough to offer to bring a Super Gas car down to tech for us but I found the Pacifica was in the guide, the right 3 stickers, NHRA, Lucas etc and some Q/SA and 3132 Shoe Polish.....and who said I was running leaded race Gas
Entering National events used to be for when you had a car worthy of entering a national event.....so far you have a serious turd on your hands. Your not doing your sponsor any favors here.....or maybe they didn't do you any favors with their "super" tuneup.

What happened to the 10's? Maybe it was a figment of your vivid imagination .............LOL
Old 03-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #22
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Were good, still having fun, havent had much testing (5 passes) under the car total, same tune that ran 10.87 yesterday did 11.6 today,,tune isnt the issue, amps and EMI are....those are on me, weve got solutions in play for both.

I dont see a turd I see a Drag Pak I built with my own hands, it will get to the low 10s and then into the 9s those arent questions in our mind, 1 issue at a time we need to resolve and well get there, you get there by doing it thinking about it, were "doing it" is it perfect no, is it a "turd" far from it,that would seem like a comment from the "Penut Gallery" and nothing more.

Some people know, some pretend to know what is actually going on with a situation, we actually know, you are pretending. Simple...you have speculation and theory, nothing more, no actual knowledge of anything really going on, that is a fact, you can purport to, but people here in general know how to smell BS when they hear it.

Im not sure if its jealousy, paranoia, just being a general ballbreaker or what the issues is...no matter we are here TRYING, to succeed you need to try , to try and fail is better than to try to downtalk someone else from an armchair,

Were happy, our sponsors are happy, are we jumping for joy no, but we are learning and having fun, what else is there to life ?

Just my 2 cents....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Bibel View Post
Entering National events used to be for when you had a car worthy of entering a national event.....so far you have a serious turd on your hands. Your not doing your sponsor any favors here.....or maybe they didn't do you any favors with their "super" tuneup.

What happened to the 10's? Maybe it was a figment of your vivid imagination .............LOL
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #23
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Were good, still having fun, havent had much testing (5 passes) under the car total, same tune that ran 10.87 yesterday did 11.6 today,,tune isnt the issue, amps and EMI are....those are on me, weve got solutions in play for both.

I dont see a turd I see a Drag Pak I built with my own hands, it will get to the low 10s and then into the 9s those arent questions in our mind, 1 issue at a time we need to resolve and well get there, you get there by doing it thinking about it, were "doing it" is it perfect no, is it a "turd" far from it,that would seem like a comment from the "Penut Gallery" and nothing more.

Some people know, some pretend to know what is actually going on with a situation, we actually know, you are pretending. Simple...you have speculation and theory, nothing more, no actual knowledge of anything really going on, that is a fact, you can purport to, but people here in general know how to smell BS when they hear it.

Im not sure if its jealousy, paranoia, just being a general ballbreaker or what the issues is...no matter we are here TRYING, to succeed you need to try , to try and fail is better than to try to downtalk someone else from an armchair,

Were happy, our sponsors are happy, are we jumping for joy no, but we are learning and having fun, what else is there to life ?

Just my 2 cents....
I wish you the best,but I do not think any member is jealous of your 1/4 mile times or your new Drag Pak.Just my .02 cents!
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #24
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
I wish you the best,but I do not think any member is jealous of your 1/4 mile times or your new Drag Pak.Just my .02 cents!
Lol...Im sure not we got pwned by a J/SA car in quick order today....

Rich seems to break my balls at every corner, calling the car a turd was "uncalled for" I dont know what his issue is, the only thing I can muster is hes another one of the people.....well, I really have no idea, Ive tried to be as nice as possible, that over at this point, now it simply goes to ignore mode.

You might be jealous if you were a V/SA car

But speed wasnt what I was talkling about, rather the fact we did it, or the fact that people like yourself wish us well, or maybe hes jealous of my Hat ? I really have no clue.....
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #25
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:

Just my 2 cents....

Just so you know Chis.....I am no armchair racer..... I've raced for 40 plus years on and off........built engines.....raced a few cars...won a few races.....and helped others......You don;t need to lecture me about what it takes to race.....I do and have for years and years and on a blue collar budget........

If you had not written so many posts there wouldn't be anything for me to say other than a new guy looks like he's having trouble sorting out a new car......

The Turd comment was made strictly in fun......sorry if it struck a nerve....I'll leave you to chase it on your own.......
Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #26
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Lol...Im sure not we got pwned by a J/SA car in quick order today....

Rich seems to break my balls at every corner, calling the car a turd was "uncalled for" I dont know what his issue is, the only thing I can muster is hes another one of the people.....well, I really have no idea, Ive tried to be as nice as possible, that over at this point, now it simply goes to ignore mode.

You might be jealous if you were a V/SA car

But speed wasnt what I was talkling about, rather the fact we did it, or the fact that people like yourself wish us well, or maybe hes jealous of my Hat ? I really have no clue.....
Drooze 2 weeks ago at Gainesville it took me 2 hours to get my car to even start. Drove to the starting line it shut off and i couldn't get it running till after the test and tune was over.
That was 11 runs ago, And look where I wound up. My car was a turd 10 runs ago. What a difference 10 runs can make.
Nitro Joe is going to have to update his top guns. LOL
And you only have 5 on it so far.

Last edited by art leong; 03-05-2010 at 08:03 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #27
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
The Turd comment was made strictly in fun......sorry if it struck a nerve....I'll leave you to chase it on your own.......
If it was made in fun fair enough, I didnt see it that way, but since you tell me it was I will believe it, I will just chock it up to antother joke I dont get (happens often) or, maybe being a bit oversensitive from being tired and windburnt.....or maybe the fact I would never call anyones car a turd under any circumstane.....some people have different boundries I guess, different "lines"

Now that being said, you said it was in fun so Ill take it as such.

Cheers

Chris
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #28
W J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chris and Dave: Half-dozen passes, brand new racecar, a few bugs.....most EVERYONE goes thru this....keep plugging, get the seat time, tomorrow's another day....things will come together. There's a helluva lot more people here that want you to succeed, rather than to fail, you both know that.... WJ
W J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #29
Owen B Simmons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The car is awsome! I wish that turd was mine.
Owen B Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #30
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by W J View Post
Chris and Dave: Half-dozen passes, brand new racecar, a few bugs.....most EVERYONE goes thru this....keep plugging, get the seat time, tomorrow's another day....things will come together. There's a helluva lot more people here that want you to succeed than to fail, you both know that.... WJ
Oh yes, no ifs and or buts....People here have been GREAT !

AND I got (and the old man) to sign an "Autograph" today if you can believe that....lol. Probably the last and why it was wanted I dono, cant forge a check with it.well you could but the bank would bounce it ...Ill know I really made it when its on Ebay

I have had at least 6 or 7 people (outside of anyone Ive met here, come up and say "You dont know me but weve been following you" and pat us on the back) I was really suprised....lol...very, saw an NHRA guy walking up to me in Staging, and I thought, oh crap what did I do, for him to say the same thing....and shake my hand and continue on...that was cool. (and really cool I didnt do something (again) that got a :"HEY What are you doing" last one of those was about 4 years ago...lol)

Thanks WJ were gonna keep on plugging going to SGMP after for some real , wrung out testing........and its on the way to Gainesville.

The old man needs to get more seat time (and me too) like you said, it looks like after I get it there Ill have to peel off to Ohio for a few days and handle some things with my son , I dont think Ill be back till friday so, Wed well get him all set up for Thursday....then back.....

Thanks WJ, needed that......and some sleep, and apprently some sun block I got a bit of sun today, or wind....not sure which, but Im red as a beet.