HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #21
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

if they followed thier rulebook randall you would be running a six speed.

this race's timeframe was skewed by weather...
this protest should not have been accepted by nhra in MY OPINION !!!!

therefore dempsey should have had to wait to have the cheater tossed at another race...

captain jack...at least they enforced the rules after ignoring the rules ?

Old 05-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
spike1

Liked 53 Times in 16 Posts

I know I shouldn't get involved .......... but Danny, Jim S. and Jin C. have been in discussion with me about this very thing (time line for protests) not once but twice already this year! Both times there were weather problems and both times the protest HAD to be done the day before elims....... soooo whats up ???? Skelly? Danny? Len? Graham? Tom? Wally? You know what NHRA, it must be me and my old reading glasses because I keep seeing things in the rule book that ain't so. Keith Lynch

P.S. Jim S. remember a few months ago I told you there is still plenty of light assemblies running out there. Nhra is going to have to step up and enforce it or go to the OTHER rule.

spike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #23
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Bob

Everybody knows about the scheduling problems. The part that stinks is that someone would want to have a racer torn down under those circumstances. And that NHRA would go along with it. NHRA could, just as eaisly said no because of the weather delayed schedule. But they did catch a guy who was 12 grams light.

Keith,

I had a few communications about this light weight stuff with Skelly too . It doesn't look like NHRA wants to spend the dough to enforce the rule in an equitable fashion.

Jack,

Light weight bottom ends. I know you would never have anything to do with running one. Or would you?

Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #24
stockracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Even though the schedule had been cahnged the protest must still have been turned in on saturday. No matter if it ranning or not, you can tear down, then give them a run sunday morning and its all good. If hes legal he gets plenty of time and still gets the run to make up for what ever he missed. The only problem with this scenerio is if the protest hadnt been turned in on time. Which would make it wrong according to the rule book that also has the assembly weights listed....what a circle!!!

stockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #25
classof65

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just to add some bar b que sauce to this grilling. Why protest a guy when they were involved in a shoe polish race for the finals anyway. OR were they in the same class and have to run heads up?

Peace, Rev.

classof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #26
Bob Orme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bruce,

Without commenting on whether or not the protest being discussed was in the spirit of sportsmanship, I think there needs to be a way to file a protest, even when the schedule is shuffled. Such a situation may well be covered in the policies and procedures manual (or what ever it's called). ...or if it wasn't, I'd bet it is now.

Just going by the time stamps on the DRC results posts, it looks like there was about 8 hours between the time Stock Qualifying ended and Stock Eliminations began. Knowing there would be ample time could have been a factor in the decisions made.

Bob Orme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #27
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Bruce,
Just going by the time stamps on the DRC results posts, it looks like there was about 8 hours between the time Stock Qualifying ended and Stock Eliminations began. Knowing there would be ample time could have been a factor in the decisions made.
Is there a "DRC timestamp" on what time the protest was filed ????
Don't think so.......

John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #28
Bruce Witherspoon

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

It really is sad to read some of the post here. There are plenty of opinions with virtually no information about the circumstances. I spent the better part of the day trying to help with this mess and the result of it unfortunately will hurt all of us. It is not my place to give any details, and I am not sure that it is necessary to do so in any case. I have refrained from dignifying so many of the unfounded statements, and I will depart by saying only that many of you know that it could happen tou you!

Old 05-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #29
Bob Orme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Is there a "DRC timestamp" on what time the protest was filed ????
Don't think so.......
John,

To answer your rhetorical question, no. The final qualifying list, showing the DQ, was posted 5 hours after the first qualifying list.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just thinking out loud (so to speak) as to why the protest was allowed.

Hope you to see you in Rusk next weekend. Lemme know if you need a place to stay.

Bob Orme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #30
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

keith lynch... when you get a chance call me please 502-558-3450

bruce...nope im plenty heavy, especially my bottom end (big ***) LOL

anyone have any decent suggestions for weather screwed races ??

jack