HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #21
Reed Granrt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: SBC push rod checker?

[QUOTE=eddie c;290895]Reed, I am very new to this site,but I really have enjoyed listening to
what everyone has to say regarding their class" stock eliminator".
I also read what you had to say about the large amounts of knowledge
thats posessed within the stock class . If we were to state that
we had more or equal knowledge of engine design and theory to the folks at the NASCAR shops of Hendrix and Rousch we might get a few
funny looks,with that said, I strongly believe the people in Stock Eliminator do more with less than any other class hands down. ed[/QUOTE

Eddie
What I am talking about when I reference NASCAR is that none of those engines are no longer "stock". They are all race bred and have nothing to do with a stock car. They are tweaking and changing something that we cannot even purchase. It most definitely is not race on Sunday and sale/purchase on Monday. There is no longer a Chevy, Ford, or Mopar. It is what NASCAR has allowed the sport to grow and evolve too. It has even evolved further than our on Super Stock, so for me to say they are ahead of us on technology is just like saying Pro Stock and Top Fuel and our on pro categories is ahead of us. All of these categories have clearly a different playing field with totally different rules. They are allowed to take something and totally make it from scratch. We have to work with what we have and make it better. They make better what ever they have today. Tomorrow, they may have something entirely new to work with. We still are improving the 350 SBC or the 427FE Ford. So yes, I firmly believe we are the best at what we do and guess what, if NHRA doesnt stop letting us substitute new parts, we will either be another Super Stock class or another NASCAR. That 67 Ford will be nothing but a 67 Body going down the track with all modern parts under the hood. No technology, just purchased parts.
Damn come git me woman, I am aspouting agin
reed
Reed Granrt is offline   Reply With Quote