HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #21
tim worner

Liked 126 Times in 20 Posts

It's great that the stocker guys are letting their opinions be known, but lets not forget that NHRA has not asked for their vote. So all the S/S & Comp. racers had better vote so we can get this thing stopped. I personally think that stock should have been included. But I do like the fact that only active racers are allowed a vote.

tim w
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #22
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 135 Times in 49 Posts

I hope the NHRA SS and Comp. racers vote properly because it can eventually affect NHRA as well as IHRA Stockers. There are many examples of it throughout racing history - the "trickle down effect"!

Locomotion Racing
http://www.geocities.com/locomotionracing
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #23
Stk4405

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I had a vote(and I don't), I would vote against the delay box. Some friends and I are building a superstocker and it will have just a on/off button, no delay, just on or off.
It seems that this just get into the "if you can't beat them, join them" or "if you can't find it, stop looking".
I think in the future the rules going to change so much that we will not have a tech department so NHRA job will be a little easier and we will have to police ourselves. Also if that happens do you think entry fees will go down, I think not.
Thanks,
Armand Keller

Stk4405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Ed,

A couple of years ago some racers had a guy busted in Div 4 for using a delay box. It's not our job to police this sport. It is NHRA's job to keep the game clean. That's why we pay membership dues. NHRA is responsible for this mess. They should dump these damn hydraulic buttons right now!

I agree with the deal about the remote stuff. The tecnology has advanced way past hard wires. There are supposedly trick transmissions with no wires that have delay box type technology and contain their own power source. Technology has advanced to a point that all a clever person has to do is dream-it-up and head over to Radio Shack or similar business for the parts they need.

Any remedy that NHRA comes up with, that is if they are interested, will come through advancements in the tree and use of currently available software. Fight fire with fire. I like the idea of having us use the top bulb (pro tree) but it has issues as well. The top bulb deal would eliminate a lot of the problems, and when you think about it, it's not as radical an idea as hydraulic buttons in Stock.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #25
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Don't misunderstand me - I'd love it to be "no electronics" - "good old days," etc., but isn't it obvious, (and sad,) that for whatever reason it appears NHRA is having a hard time policing this stuff - to the point they're asking if you want to join the crowd.

"We need to police the racers." What does that mean?
Asking NHRA to inspect someones vehichle? Now you're back to not trusting them. "They look the other way for the big sponsored guy" or, they're stupid and can't find the piece."

You're certainly not going to strong arm someone into letting you look under their dash or wherever? There might be a couple of rednecks willing to turn our pits into a good ol boy friday night nascar fight fest, but lets be real. That ain't gonna happen in our society.

IF, that's what you mean by "police ourselves."

Maybe hire Mike Baker in NHRA? ok, just saying....

I miss my '58 New Yorker and its 392 Hemi.......
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #26
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 694 Times in 270 Posts

The story I was told goes something like this: Mr. Baker was in the tower & was watching the Modified cars run. He noticed the guy release the trans brake button before the bottom bulb was lit. He called to the end of the track & had the car held for inspection.
So does there need to be a spotter looking for early release?

Adger Smith
Old 04-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #27
Ed Brice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is a simple fix to eliminate leaving off the top bulb with any type of delay device. It requires no NHRA personnel or any extra work by tech officials to enforce. Can anyone figure out what it is? It is so simple and I can't believe NHRA has not adopted it. All racers can use their existing buttons and no rule changes are required.

STAGGER THE TREE..............all delay devices now become ineffective. You only have to stagger the top two bulbs.

Now If some asshole comes here and says (well then all you have to do is leave off the second bulb) It will prove how stupid some racers are.

Ed Brice
Old 04-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #28
Slow Joe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When i see da secund yellow cum down,i go.My car be real slow.
I no lik yer idea.I guess i be an asshul.

Slow Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #29
Ed Brice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Slow Joe, or should I call you Daryl, I wont give the rest of your name away. Not sure what your agenda is, but I'm sure there will be some folks out there that think like you. Your poor job pretending to butcher the english language may or may not cover your true feelings.

For anyone that has to leave on the second bulb, it still would be 5 tenths between the second a third bulb.

Okay Daryl, lets have one of your pathetic attempts at being funny answers.

Ed Brice
Old 04-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #30
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Ed,

The idea of staggering the bulbs has been around awhile and for some reason it has never gotten any traction with NHRA. Wonder why?