HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: 2014 Hemi Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
Well, not if you have Old Timer's disease. So far, I've managed to find my way home with out bread crumbs.
Haven't heard that one before. Well said James, made me chuckle out loud.
Great idea starting interest on this, because getting something like this doesn't happen overnight as you all know.
The Reunion of '08 cannot & willnot be replicated. Some of the people that made it such a success are no longer with us, & even if they were, I believe that was a one time deal.
For anyone wanting to plan the next reunion, I believe you can't look back at what has been done & try to make it like the original in 08', but rather, it needs a new start. ALOT has changed since that time.
For anyone that attended the '08 deal, as successfull as it was, I think you may agree with me that there wasn't much, if any financial gain to the promotors such as Dick, & Jim. They did it for no other reason but "cause". They did it because they loved that "cause". It was first class in every way, shape, & form.
For the next reunion to be any where close to the quality of the original, I believe you will need people that are dedicated to this cause. Yes, you will need corporate money, so people aren't pulling coin out of their pockets to pull this off again, but the organizers NEED TO BE TRUE BLUE to "the cause".

Just my .002 guys.

liteweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 05-24-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #22
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Talking Re: 2014 Hemi Reunion

I personally don't care if a 2014 reunion lives up to the expectations of the 2008 reunion. I feel like it should be it's own deal. It is like what someone said before about Woodstock, it won't be the same because all the good players are dead, or in this case, one of them. I don't think that should preclude it from being a cool deal on it's own as long as people show up with the cars. It's likely that we will lose more of the players from the Hemi development days. Those guys will be in their 70s and some older.

You can't go back to your first girlfriend either, but that doesn't keep you from finding a new one. Time marches on. Someday all the old farts that like Hemi's will die off and the ricer crowd will be out there with their Civics and wings and fart cans. Let's keep it going as long as some of us are still around.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
Steve1118

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

This is a great idea, Jim....open it up to anything Hemi.

There has to be some racing, though, and I doubt they'd let that happen in the parking lot at Chrysler's World headquarters. Just a guess.

I agree that Ohio or Western Pa. would be a good location....there are a lot of Hemis in the area. The Nostalgia Hemi showdowns at Pittsburgh and at Beaver Springs this year are attracting a lot of attention.
Steve1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
James L Miller

Steve, maybe you can use your connections in the Pittsburg area to promote the idea? Maybe your bud Bob George can use his connections to move it along? It will take a grass roots effort to get it done.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Steve1118

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

I'll plant some seeds, Jim....
Steve1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
71Dartman440

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Jim,
From a midwest perspective, the Texas idea sure sounds good!

Just saying!
71Dartman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #27
James L Miller

As much as I'd love to have it close to me, it would be best to find a suitable place that's not too far away from the people that have the Hemi cars. It's 1400 miles from me to Carlisle, so I think that might turn off people in the northeast to haul down here. Bowling Green might be more central to everyone? I don't want to center it around me.

If we can't get a national reunion off the ground, then I'll try to get something setup here as a mini version. The Chrysler parts depot here hosts a show and the Mopars at the Motorplex would work here around DFW. I haven't heard anything from the folks at Mopar magazine, but corporations move slow as they need to run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #28
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1118 View Post
This is a great idea, Jim....open it up to anything Hemi.

There has to be some racing, though, and I doubt they'd let that happen in the parking lot at Chrysler's World headquarters. Just a guess.

I agree that Ohio or Western Pa. would be a good location....there are a lot of Hemis in the area. The Nostalgia Hemi showdowns at Pittsburgh and at Beaver Springs this year are attracting a lot of attention.
Is the Beaver Springs Hemi Showdown on Sat. July 14...part of that York Nostalgia Event?
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #29
James L Miller

I put a post on this proposed Hemi reunion on Moparts.com under the race section. So far the proposed locations are Pittsburg in conjunction with the Curt George Memorial race, Maple Grove in conjuction with the Hemi Shootout there, and at Quaker City in Ohio where the 2008 Hemi Reunion was held. I also e-mail Rick Ehrenberg at Mopar Action in hopes of getting him excited and maybe some press behind the "movement"?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #30
b-1duster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

I own Monster Mopar Weekend and will have Indy rented for 3 days the 3rd weekend in September.

This year our show is the 21-23. Last year we had 500 show cars and 400 race cars on the grounds, so the addition to the Hemi Reunion would make this an epic event.

We also are organizing an event downtown on Frday evening this year where they city is going to close off a small portion of Meridian St for us to park Mopars on (This is directly infront of the Slippery Noodle for those familiar)

We would gladely help with this event any way we can. The facility will already be paid for, so that will help lower the costs.

I also have a license to use the name Mopar and will have no problem getting the permisssion to use Hemi for this event.

We will also have direct lines to the folks at Mopar about bringing displays and whatever else we need to the show.

Glad to help!

Josh

Last edited by b-1duster; 05-29-2012 at 11:51 AM.
b-1duster is offline   Reply With Quote