Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2014, 03:53 AM   #21
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Thumbs up Re: 20 super stockers entered at Denver

I wish I was there, and would love a repeat of my quarterfinal race against Ryan
McClanahan there as well, especially because if his car was just .015 quicker in
that '06 race, the outcome would've been different. I miss Bandimere Speedway,
and I have lots of great friends and memories there. I won't be there this year, but
next year's a definite possibility. Besides I hope to offer a Mile High Five to Stan Kopejtka,
for his 4th place finish in D5 last year...that is the best finish in D5 (if not in all of the
NHRA divisions...I'm certain Michael Beard accomplished the feat in IHRA?), in Stock
Eliminator, this century (if not ever in the history of fwd's in Stock elim racing)!
Lane or Randy will you pass along my congrats to Stan for me? Thanks, and I'll be rooting
for all of my friends and fellow slow rollers!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 07-17-2014 at 03:56 AM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #22
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: 20 super stockers entered at Denver

There's a lot to like about Bandimere: proximity to the metro area (& Morrison), Interstate access, scenery, downhill stage lanes, Bandimere family friendliness, basic cleanliness

That said, the elevation, the north 40 pit and filthy crushed asphalt, ever changing weather (for dialing), rocks flying out of burnout box hitting people and cars under the tower are definitely turnoffs

We have always pitted in the north 40 even when arriving a day early, it seems local Super racers stay over from the week before and fill the few hard surfaced areas, as well as a few local class racers

As far as the "mile away" problem of pitting, I have found that if you can make the crest you can coast to lanes.....that far away does make you feel isolated from the event however
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #23
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,700 Times in 1,300 Posts

Attention MR. Gary Z24, please don,t chastise Bernie for his input on this thread. The Aussie has earned the right to express his opinions.I, on the other hand will not debate politics. Regards,...M.J.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #24
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

The coasting thing is great at the div race but unless it has changed parked cars and spectators were a big problem at the nats. With todays values most will not get out of way. Ten thousand ft air, security on you case if you to many on your pit bike, no where get out of the sun, no PA, porta podies cooked in the sun. And much more. Tom
Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #25
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 504 Times in 126 Posts

Damn with these comments it sounds to me like you need at crew member waiting for you with a chiller before entering the staging lanes.....
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #26
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Damn with these comments it sounds to me like you need at crew member waiting for you with a chiller before entering the staging lanes.....
Or don't go. Looks like what most people did.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #27
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 20 super stockers entered at Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
great idea !!!! will load up with ice at circle K convenience store
right before coming in. gonna be in the 90'S. thanks Ed !!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #28
BLAZER

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
I wish I was there, and would love a repeat of my quarterfinal race against Ryan
McClanahan there as well, especially because if his car was just .015 quicker in
that '06 race, the outcome would've been different. I miss Bandimere Speedway,
and I have lots of great friends and memories there. I won't be there this year, but
next year's a definite possibility. Besides I hope to offer a Mile High Five to Stan Kopejtka,
for his 4th place finish in D5 last year...that is the best finish in D5 (if not in all of the
NHRA divisions...I'm certain Michael Beard accomplished the feat in IHRA?), in Stock
Eliminator, this century (if not ever in the history of fwd's in Stock elim racing)!
Lane or Randy will you pass along my congrats to Stan for me? Thanks, and I'll be rooting
for all of my friends and fellow slow rollers!
I wouldn't want to race you--00 lights?
BLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #29
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Klein View Post
There's a lot to like about Bandimere: proximity to the metro area (& Morrison), Interstate access, scenery, downhill stage lanes, Bandimere family friendliness, basic cleanliness

That said, the elevation, the north 40 pit and filthy crushed asphalt, ever changing weather (for dialing), rocks flying out of burnout box hitting people and cars under the tower are definitely turnoffs

We have always pitted in the north 40 even when arriving a day early, it seems local Super racers stay over from the week before and fill the few hard surfaced areas, as well as a few local class racers

As far as the "mile away" problem of pitting, I have found that if you can make the crest you can coast to lanes.....that far away does make you feel isolated from the event however
Randall, when you and Ron Taylor used to come those
were 2 of the cleanest and coolest cars on the grounds.
pretty hard to keep them like that in denver i am sure. Really do miss the show car quality
56 and 57 chevy's in denver.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #30
Mike Schwartz

Liked 192 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
My fault, 100% my fault, period. The rule is the rule. But I have to ask, what sense does this policy really make? If the event is full, fine, game over. But most are not at this point, and this one clearly is not. 20 friggin' cars!

It was Monday afternoon, still almost 4 days prior to the start of the event. I have 2 cars in the trailer ready to leave. I want to give them $620 for no tangible product. Hell, its still over 2 full days from the first burnout. Exactly who benefits from such a policy?

I tried calling Graham yesterday, not to lobby to get in, as I realize that's not happening, but rather to ask that a improvement be made to the policy. Forget about me, but what about the guy that couldn't get off work, but on Tuesday something changed and he now can? An event is not even close to full and you have a customer with proper grading that would like to attend. Does it not make sense to accommodate him? And if you think there's going to be a land rush of people wanting to enter late, then obviously make it hurt a little and charge a late fee.
Obviously, NHRA's advertising department wont have enough time to cut promos for the race if they don't have a complete list of the Sportsman entries by then .
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote