Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #21
Jim Hanig

Liked 97 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: lance line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5389stk View Post
My 2 cents. Division director should have done the right thing.Reinstated,Bill Bogues,Don Davidson, Lance Line.That would have been the right thing to do. As for time slips if you can hand me a fuel check cup you can hand me a time slip.
Ya but they need the fuel for the scooters.
Jim Hanig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:51 PM   #22
Bobby Brannon

Liked 100 Times in 33 Posts

Mr. GTS340. No one told me to go to scales. I don't carry a cell phone in my car. I didn't see any win lights. To Lance he went to end of track and I turn 1 exit before. Not know who won so I went to scales asked and they didn't know. They told me to get on scales. Then go to fuel check which I did. I am sure I messed Lance up because he saw me on scales. I never saw him at the scales because he was behind me. While I fuel he drove by me. I told all the tech officials I didn't know if I won. Got back to my trailer and Conner told me Lance had won. I said he drove pass me at fuel check. Conner said to go back to fuel check. They DQ Lance. D4 should have had win lites working . They did not. For Lance to be fined because he was mad at tech deal is wrong.

Last edited by Bobby Brannon; 10-02-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Bobby Brannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #23
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

Every car should go across the scales, this will get them to do something to fix the problem. Jam up them scales every round.

How much Time and money does it cost to go to an event? And then to lose like that.
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #24
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Well......Mr Perone, what is happening with your suggestion for The Lance Line Fund?
I have my $100 in hand......what now?
Anybody?

Or just talk?
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-02-2020, 11:02 PM   #25
James Findell

Liked 93 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Klein View Post
Well......Mr Perone, what is happening with your suggestion for The Lance Line Fund?
I have my $100 in hand......what now?
Anybody?

Or just talk?
Randall,

I'll toss in a $100 for the Fund.

NHRA needs to focus on the want versus need. I want to race their events, but I do not need to. I like our local track. My wonderful wife and I raced BIR last weekend for a S/SS race. Only 10 cars due to other events. We both won R1 before it rained out. Got a check in the mail today for $152 each. I've lost R6 at a points meet a few times and haven't done much better. As I get older, I'm going to go with the track / association that actually wants us there. We have fun from the time we get there until we go home. I think that's how it is supposed to work...
James Findell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:23 PM   #26
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Notice the thing can be appealed. That means they will forgive it and keep the appeal money. Not right but not quite as bad. It would be easier to just forget it.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:36 AM   #27
RJ Sledge

Liked 266 Times in 86 Posts

Count me in for a $100.00 towards whatever Lance wants to apply it to....... fine or appeal......litigation? Your choice just let me know where to send it.

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #28
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

Where do I send my money?? Tom
Old 10-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #29
ssracer3821

Liked 113 Times in 30 Posts

I'll send him $100 - just say where!
ssracer3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #30
Chuck Gallagher

Liked 133 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406mopar View Post
Every car should go across the scales, this will get them to do something to fix the problem. Jam up them scales every round.

How much Time and money does it cost to go to an event? And then to lose like that.
I have been on both sides of this issue so I'm going to break my personal rule not to argue with people about personal issues.
NHRA often has to get volunteers to help create, sort and pass out ET slips at many regional events. With the current limitations we all have had this year it is not always possible to get enough volunteers to do all the jobs that need to be done.
I cannot count the times I have been in this same situation and I ALWAYS stop at fuel check and the scales until an NHRA official tells me I lost.
I don't know if Lance was acting out in an "unprofessional and disruptive behavior toward an NHRA official" or a volunteer and it doesn't really matter. If I was on the receiving end of foul and/or abusive behavior I would have expected either an apology before that person left the venue or I would have recommended the same action. We are suppose to be friends with these people who provide a safe environment for our use.
Remember the golden rule?
Chuck Gallagher
Chuck Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote